Cover Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cover Question

My 2004 24V has a cover that isn't water resistant/proof but it is custom fit with no tears and fits like a glove (the guy I bought it from called it a mooring cover). Anyway, I'm wondering if instead of buying a new cover to get the water resistance if their is anything like a scotchguard type of product to make this thing more better in the rain?

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by wingo812 View Post
    My 2004 24V has a cover that isn't water resistant/proof but it is custom fit with no tears and fits like a glove (the guy I bought it from called it a mooring cover). Anyway, I'm wondering if instead of buying a new cover to get the water resistance if their is anything like a scotchguard type of product to make this thing more better in the rain?

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    303 Fabric Guard is recommended by Sunbrella so its likely safe on any cover would be my guess:
    http://www.amazon.com/303-30674-Fabr.../dp/B0000AY1W7
    Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Cool, I'll look into that. Def cheaper than a 600 dollar bill! Thanks!

Comment

Wash the cover using NIKWAX Tech-Wash in a front load washer, hang to draw. Once dry, lay on a clean driveway upside down. Use a clean pump up garden spray to liberally coat the inside of the cover. Let dry. If you have any puddles, use a clean broom or brush to spread out.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The 303 stuff is legit. Water beads right off the canvas. Apply it on a hot day and really soak the cover. Let it dry and you're golden.
          Make sure it's not going to rain before it dries though.

Comment

Make sure you buy a gallon as a typical 20ft cover will take that much! 303 is great and I have used another brand that overtons sells and was pleased. As stated set out in sun and it will dry quickly. If done in shade it takes awhile to dry and will leave a residue on everything.

Comment

I just did mine on my 23V and it took the best part of a gallon, I used (link below) this from west marine and it appears to work very well even with all that TX weather has thrown at it. I don't know if it will last as long as 303 but it was half the price.

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-m...f-ga--15003700

Comment

I treated with 303 a couple of days ago. Had a bright sunny day and used the whole gallon to do 2 coats (had a little left after 2nd coat so just did a third really thin one). Took a glass of water and poured on the cover this morning and the repellency (is that a word?) was insane. I'm very happy at the moment and am hopeful that it will last a long time. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                X