Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 Z3 Props

Hey everyone,

I have the stock 2419 prop on my 2015 Z3 and am finding that my fuel bill is creeping up a bit higher than I would have liked. For surfing its pretty decent but if I have to travel any distance to get to a surf spot It sucks back the fuel bigtime!!!

Has anyone played with propellers pitch/trim? Stock ballast?

I took off my 2419 it's only 12" pitch

The next pitch size up is 14.25 I think
    1235 is a 14.5 dia and the 2247 and 2249 are 15" dia. Different cup.
    Any of them should work great.
    About a 6mph gain over the stock propeller, retains plenty of towing power too

Comment

I've heard good things about the 2315, it has the same pitch & dia as the 2419, but more cup that apparently helps with the top end (or lack thereof)

Tomp, what prop are you running now if I might ask?

Comment

Greeko-I have the 2247 as a spare but have failed to put on and give a report yet. Sorry! I thought by now my wife would hit something and I would have a reason to yank the 2419 she has been on point this year!!
        I would imagine the 2247 would be more then enough for low and high end as a friend of mine has it on his G25 and it does fine. He has the 550hp or so engine which helps, but he comes out of the hole just as fast and runs a bit faster then my 400 Z3. The G obviously weighs more so should give you and idea.

Will definitely post results once I install the 2247.

Comment

Thanks for the response guys. I may get my 2419 recupped so it becomes a 2315/2313 and try that out. Then if thats not good enough ill bite the bullet and get a 2249
          Last edited by Greeko; 07-07-2015, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X