Basic Boat Information 2006 24Ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic Boat Information 2006 24Ve

Feel like I have been clogging the forum lately, but again I come to all for help. I am extremely OCD, and even more now that I have new to me boat. Without knowing the previous owner I cant tell what has been done and what hasn't. I want to start with a clean slate and get my maintenance schedules started. Here is what I have so far, and need some part numbers and help if you can assist me. Marine Power GM 340HP with 212 hours.

Lake Test Day 1-Low pressure fuel pump came disconnect, zipty'ed the cooling line in place to prevent that from happening again.
    First Trip After Purchase-PSS heavy leaking from the collar and boot and adjusted when I got home, bilge pump has power and is turning but not sucking water. Flooded bilge to transmission, checked fluid looked okay but will probably change to be safe. V-drive same thing unknown if its water saturated or not will change. After the bilge flooded, I was getting a clicking sound from the motor and a rough idle, sounded like a spark plug arc, attributed to the amount of water that was in the bilge. Got it home let it dry out well in the 100 degree weather, fired it up idled fine no misfire.

I want to do a full oil change, oil filter, spark plugs, spark plug wires, Velvet and V-drive fluid, fuel filter and water separator. The impeller was done at the time of the lake test, so not concerned about that right now, but would like to keep 1 or 3 on hand for emergencies. I also want to check the distributer cap, but there isn't really a cap on mine its more of a plate style never seen one like this before. I also have a few cans of SeaFoam that I want to run through it just to have the peace of mind. (Suggestions never used it)? Can anyone please help with part numbers and locations for purchase, I need to get this done before Thursday next week, my Tige' dealer is slammed till after July.
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Come on all, how about just some oil weights for engine, Trans, and V-drive?
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

trans is Dex-III
      v-drive is non-detergent 30W
      Engine 10W-40 conventional.
      oil filter 95 chevy 1500 5.7 4x4
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

thanks chpthril, I will be calling you soon for that ballast order by the way.

Comment

I think the Seafoam is great bro but I have heard that you should change the water/fuel separator after running it... Typically people run it through at the very beginning of the season while they still have that old tank of gas I think.

Comment

Yea I dumped a bottle in yesterday, going to do it before our trip next week. Do you ever put any in your oil?

Comment

There are instructions on the Seafoam can about adding it to oil, I haven't done it yet, depends on what's going on with your engine and what you might want to try to clean out.
              2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
              2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Working...
              X