Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with oil change what is everyone using I have a pcm 343 5.7 l need heasap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with oil change what is everyone using I have a pcm 343 5.7 l need heasap

Trying to figure out how to drain the oil on my boat. Doesn't have a drain hose thanks. Need help asap

I have been using oil extractor I got from Amazon. Oil will need to be heated or it will take forever. Con is you do have to sit with it and keep suction pressure on it. I actually like it better than I was expecting and use it on the v-drive and tranny too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use the Mityvac 7201 Fluid Evacuator Plus...

Comment

I bought this one and it has worked great for me. Frankly, doing oil changes this way is so much nicer/easier. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...6W0ASJ63YYK4YH

You can run the boat for about 10-15min to get hot. This helps with pumping it out. You can either use the dip stick hole or get the brass fitting to connect to the main outlet on the bottom of the pan which is A)faster as it's a bigger line B) gets more oil out than the other way. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a main coming off the bottom.

Comment

If your not in a hurry. I pull the oil drain line through the rear bilge plug and let it sit for a couple hours. Simple, easy, and you won't get a headache sniffing oil fumes while your pumping oil.

Comment

Thanks. For the advice.everyone I haven't seen a oil drain hose to pull from. So I have to extrac . It some ho . Anyone using a 12 v pump extractor thanks for all the input

Comment

PCM puts a drain hose on the oil pan.

Comment

The drain hose has a brass cap. The brass cap has a loop on the end of it. A clip usually attaches the cap in the intake area on the drivers side.
                I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Can u send. Me a pic please

Comment

Look at the bottom of oil pan where the drain plug should be, follow the hose to the end.

Comment

There really is no need for a 12v pump. It really doesn't take that long to pump out manually. Once you get a good suction it pretty much does it by itself. I just wait a bit for the oil to settle and do it again a second time. Never had an issue with the "fumes" either.

Comment

The oil drain hose on my PCM is pulled forward and looped up over the top of the engine. You can only see it if you pull off the plastic engine cover. Mine has a round clip that attaches it to a mounting bracket next to the ECM. It's easy to miss if you haven't seen one before. Unclip it, pull it down below the engine and pull it out the bilge drain, then I attach a fluid extractor pump that runs off my power drill and drain the oil into a container. Make sure the oil is warm or it take forever. Even warm it takes a while to drain, just have to be patient and give yourself a few hours for the first time.
                        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Thanks everyone got the oil change done . But have a question . How to clean the oil out of the extractor thanks everyone . Next step is changing. Impeller how hard is changing that thanks again

Comment

I raise the extraction tube up high so that all the oil stains into the tanks. Let sit overnight. I use some string to tie the end up to a shelf in my garage. It comes out pretty clean...clean enough. Then the next day I pour the used oil into the oil containers and on the last one I let the container sit overnight. Usually have to to some fancy balancing and wedging so it don't fall over. Yes takes a few days but effective and simple. Extractor goes back in box and put away until the next 50 hours.
                            Impeller: not so fun but not hard. It's all done blindly so take your time and don't cross thread or drop the little bolts. Here is a link to a vid. Please note that the screw driver method is not preferred but what I do for now until I buy the puller. Something I will try next is to use a zip tie to hold the vanes down until you get it started. Be sure the vanes are laying down to left if you wre looking at it. The impeller moves clockwise as if looking straight at it. Watch the video and pause or watch closely as he installs the new one. Good luck. I took a picture of mine before I pulled it just to make sure I did it right. Took a couple tries since its tucked back in there.
                            http://youtu.be/wpBoVRAAZhI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Using an oil extractor pump (<$100) you can change your oil in 15 minutes, while on the water if you wish. I do this every 50 hours all season long. Leave the hose over the engine, connect the pump, pump a few times to get the suction going, and in a few minutes all the oil is out. Swap out the filter, cap off the hose, refill with oil, run engine and check oil level, done. All while sitting in the passenger compartment.

My hose won't fit out of my drain plug, and there's no reason you'd ever want to do that anyway. Gravity draining is way slower than the pump. Trust me... do it this way one time and you'll never go back.

Comment

Working...
                              X