24V wakeboarding speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24V wakeboarding speed

Can a 24V produce a clean wakeboarding wake at 16-20 mph? My wife and her friends ride around 16 mph. Myself and friends ride 20-21 mph. Some say you have to drive >23 mph in the 24V for a clean wake, and that the 22V may be much better for us.

I ride about 24-25 mph and the wake is clean and at the speed you can easily clear the wake into the flats. Feels fast but it works for my boat... Any slower and the wake is too wide and you can't get a good enough cut into the wake IMO. 16 is actually my wakesurf speed. Fast once again but for my boat it works!

Comment

Thanks h2o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Try some bow weight for those slow speeds.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I can confirm H20, I am his unofficial tow boat driver. I hold his right about 24 and have been known for a little tap on his cut back to 26 to send him deep into the flats, and its a firm clean lip great wake. My 24ve loves 23mph taps at 5, haven't tried adding ballast yet though have a feeling I will be in H20s neighborhood of 25 after ballast.
          My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I found what appears to be a great deal on a 22v, that I expect to buy within a week or so.

Comment

Good Luck!!!
              My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Seems the sweet-spot on my 22v is 14 mph.

Comment

I have a 22v run 21.5 with 1000 lbs ballast in the rear and 500 to 800 in the nose. In the nose it depends on how lazy I am if I fill up a non built in ballast bag to get to the 800. But when you do the same really firms up. The wake is clean with taps @3-4. It seems these boats like almost 50/50 weight dist for wakeboarding. I have been running mine for three years getting the wake tunned up.

Comment

Working...
                  X