No announcement yet.

High Pitch Sounds Coming from Engine/V Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you checked and changed fluids in the trans and v-drive? I hade a squeal before I changed fluids and it went away. I use a stethoscope all the time to help isolate problem noises. Auto part stores sell them cheap and is part of my trouble shooting tool kit.

Does this sound happen or get louder while in reverse?
    Last edited by Wakeman22; 09-22-2015, 03:06 PM.
    Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Harbor Freight sells an inexpensive mechanic's stethoscope for $3.99 that's perfect for jobs like this. They also sell cheap multimeters. Boats should ship from the factory with one of each!

Comment

Originally posted by Wakeman22 View Post
        Have you checked and changed fluids in the trans and v-drive? I hade a squeal before I changed fluids and it went away. I use a stethoscope all the time to help isolate problem noises. Auto part stores sell them cheap and is part of my trouble shooting tool kit.

Does this sound happen or get louder while in reverse?
        Yes I have checked both, they are both clean and at the proper level. I have not really been able to hear the noise in reverse, but also I obviously do not spend much time backing up.

I will def be getting one of those stethoscopes and try and isolate the problem in a week or so. Just trying to do my due diligence up front and get an idea of where to look.

Comment

Working...
        X