Towing tubes on Ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LovinPowell
    not only kite tubes, but parasails as well. They told them that basically anything that would go higher than 15 feet in the air is now against the law.
    That is a shame. I have a parasail and it can reach heights of 150 feet. I have been that high when the boat was purposely cut just to see what happens. I had my wife put the boat in neutral and cut the engine. What I basically did was float down to the water and hit the water with about the same impact as a 1 meter board. My head went about a foot underwater.

Parasails are safe if the user harness is installed properly, if the proper connections are made to the boat, and other objects such as bridges and power lines are avoided. Loss of power or rope breaking are trivial events.

I would say the biggest danger are spectator boats, those that follow the parasail to see how it works. They do not realize that there is 200 feet of rope trailing the boat. More than once I had to scream at other boats to get away at least 300 feet.
    Ray Thompson
    2005 22V

Comment

Originally posted by raythompson
      I would say the biggest danger are spectator boats, those that follow the parasail to see how it works. They do not realize that there is 200 feet of rope trailing the boat. More than once I had to scream at other boats to get away at least 300 feet.
      Reminds me of one of the last times I was on Lake Travis and some moron drove between my boat and me while I was waterskiing. To this day I can't help but think how lucky it was that no one got their head taken off.
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

kite tubes

On Overton's website there is a safety recall of the kite tube.

Comment

My brother is pretty bummed out that he wont be able to use his parasail at Powell any more, he just bought it last year. Hopefully they will come to realize the difference and modify their law.

Comment

After reading throught this thread again, something came to mind.

Why does nobody use the hand hold on the transom for towing tubes?

There is a place in the center for hooking up a rope.
            I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

Comment

Originally posted by rushin

The 24ve does not have that handle on the transom, I think the 22ve does. I never have understood that one.

Comment

Stupid me, I forgot about the transom on the ve, but never noticed the lack of a grab handle.

How about the v owners, why can't you use the grab handle?
                I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

Comment

Its just a grab handle. No spot to hook a rope like the older models
                  Let it be!!!

Comment

handle on back of ve is an option and it is NOT for towing.

Comment

Originally posted by rushin

Thats only on the 22i, and I think thats an option.
                      Freude am Fahren.

Comment

Working...
                      X