Switch V weighting issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harv,

Have you been out since all this discussion? I was just wondering if you have figured out the weighting yet.

Comment

I was out once but just did some surfing. The family and in-laws were in the boat so I didn't feel like boring them with experimentations. The weather was crappy over the weekend, so again I am waiting to get out. Tonight or tomorrow for sure (I hope)!!

I'll let you know what I learn when I learn. Thanks

Comment

I was out over the weekend with one other friend and after a good set of surfing I played with the ballast for awhile. I filled the rear sacs about half way then filled the front sacs as full as I could until water drained out the vents. The boat had some bounce starting at about 5 on the taps. I moved my friend up to the bow, (his weight is about 190lbs) the bounce stopped and I was able to get the taps all the way up with not bounce. This may change with a rider behind the boat, but I'm getting closer.

Rather than using another sac up front, atleast for this summer, I will probably use a "Rubbermaid" or similar style container to fill with water. I don't want to use lead or sand bags due to the fact that I keep my boat on a lift and do not want to overload the lift. Plus, the container will allow for some amount of stepping on while moving people into the bow.

I've got a good sized church youth group coming this Sunday for a day of wakeboarding. Should be fun!

Comment

New saks in the 2100v

WOW !!! what a difference !

I purchased 2 540lb "launch Pad" bags on eBay. . and put them in the rear storage boxes this weekend. I ran the pump for 5 min per side, which filled them about 2/3 full, maybe 40 - 50 gallons each, or about 300 - 400 lbs. (water 8lb/gallon)
          Best wake was taps at 6-7, and a big fat guy in the front. The wake is now waist high on my 15-year-old. Great pop.

I got the 2 bags and a 1000gph pump for $165 delivered.

Comment

Finally got some good results with weighting. I did some experimenting with more weight in front a few days ago and things seemed better, so I invited the "greedy" friend out for a 2nd attempt behind the Tige'. We put about 350 lbs up front and maybe 400 lbs in back and the taps up to 6 (any more and we'd bounce). The wake looked pretty nice with taps at 5 and 21 mph.

My "friend" was not negative this time as he was able to do his full array of tricks (rally, tantrum, front roll, scarecrow, sw scarecrow, 360's).

I'll be plumbing in some fat sac blocks in the lockers this fall, hopefully.

BTW for temporary weight in the front besides the sacs under the seats we filled a 55 gallon tub about 3/4 full sitting on the front seats.

Comment

I've been out on the lake a lot in the last week and I have figured out the weighting issues. Really can throw a big wake if done correctly.

Next question, my sacs are leaking around where the drain pumps are in the sacs. Anyone else have this problem? My clamps are tight but still a constant drip.

Another question, my rear sacs pumps always fill on demand but my front sacs pumps seem to work one time and not another. The pumps are on, I can hear and feel them but I usually have to wiggle and twist the hoses coming from them until they eventually build enough pressure to fill the line. If it was one side I could maybe debug it my self but one time it is on one side and the next time it doesn't work on the other side. Anyone else have this problem and know the fix?

Thanks

Comment

akdoc,

Is that offer for the sac and pump still available? I have a friend that wants to purchase them.

you can email me at ganderson@douglas-machine.com

Thanks,

Harv

Comment

Working...
                X