2005 22V - New Cover - Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 22V - New Cover - Help

I'm brand new to the forum and Tige ownership. I am in desperate need of a new cover but don't want to take out a second mortgage on my house. Does anyone have a recommendation for a aftermarket boat cover that will fit a 2005 22V with factory tower and swim platform? I keep running into covers that fit aftermarket towers. Thank you.

Andrew

What is your definition of a second mortgage? You should be able to get a local boat cover shop to do a Sunbrella cover for 500-800ish bucks. If you have the original cover it may be easier to get a custom cover made, they can take apart the old one and use it as a template for less shop time than measuring and fitting a new cover from scratch.
    2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
    2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Ewok, Thanks. That makes sense. $500-800 is reasonable, I keep running into people that want $1,300+ which seems crazy to me. Unfortunately the old cover was so worn out it shredded during transport.

Comment

Where are you located?

Comment

The Internet is great but some things like boat canvas are usually done by old guys and gals that have had their business for years and they only advertise in the yellow pages and might not even know what the Internet is.

Comment

I live in Nashville TN. I'll go dust off a copy of the yellow pages.

Comment

There should be plenty of places within an hour drive of Nashville that do boat covers. Remember to check with upholstery shops as well since they usually do the same work. There are a few upholstery shops in this town that do boat covers to, but it's not part of their name, such as Jacobs upholstery in Spokane Valley, WA.

Comment

One more thing, Sunbrella is a brand name and one of the most expensive materials out there. They may have a cheaper alternative in fabric that will last a few years for you to save up and eventually get a Sunbrella cover.

Comment

Working...
                X