2001 Tige 2100 V limited ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 Tige 2100 V limited ?

What is the difference between 2001 Tige 2100 V limited and a 01 21V riders edition?

Also how is the wake behind this boat and how does it handle ruff water? I would mainly be using it for wakeboarding and on a lake that can get kind of ruff on the weekend.

Thanks

crghou,

The only difference between the Limited Edition and the Riders Edition in 2001 was the graphics.

As far as performance, since I work for tige', I'll let actual 21V owners give you their personal unbiased responses as to what they think of the boat. :-)

Let me know if you have any other questions that I can answer for you.

Thanks,
    Nick Howard
    Tige' Boats
    Midwest Regional Sales Mgr
    Nick Howard
    Tige' Boats
    Midwest Regional Sales Manager

Comment

cool thanks

One other thing is how is the reliability on those boats? Pretty reliable and maintenance free? Also how much gas do they burn out on the lake since they are a little heavier then the other boats? Not that it matters to much sine it is a boat but still w/ prices these days always something to look at.

Comment

You'll love this boat. I've had mine for 7 years (I bought it from Nick). 3 of my neighbors now own the same boat. Fuel consumption will depend entirely on what you're doing (how many people, wakesurfing vs. skiing, etc.). I usually get about 10-14 hours of running. We do about 5% skiing, 25% tubing and the rest wakebaording and wakesurfing. Skiing really sucks gas.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Nick- Don't forget that the Rider's Edition had a different interior...

Gas Consumption- We are usually in the water for about 4-5 hours in the evening. With three to four riders wakeboarding and surfing regularly, we will burn about 15 +/- gallons of gas. We also put on a different prop, so that helped slightly...

Reliability- The only major problems we have had (knock on wood) are the vinyl seperated from the seams on the seat cushions and that ever so masterfully designed piece of !@#$ Metcraft tower snapped...

Just stay up on your routine maintenance (fluids, plugs, belt, impeller) and you should be fine...

Let me know if you have any other questions...

Comment

thanks....lol yeah that tower kinda looks like a piece. The boat I am actually looking at dosn't have the stock tower.

Thanks a lot guys

Chris

Comment

Chris,

I saw a 2000 2100v for sale in Austin, TX at South Austin Marine. Is that the one you are looking at?

Comment

Zacky is correct, some 21V Riders Editions have different seat cushions than the 2100V Limited. The only difference was the shape of the cushion itself, the seating configuration was identical.

The reason I didn't mention the interior was because we actually discontinued the 'Riders' interior in either '01 or '02 and put the 'Limited' interior in both models, but I couldn't remember exactly when that change was made. Also, prior to that change, a lot of dealers actually ordered a 'Riders Edition' boat with the 'Limited Edition' interior in it because it was more plush and comfortable. So it's hard to say for sure exactly which interior a 'Riders Edition' boat has in it.

Nick Howard
                Tige' Boats
                Nick Howard
                Tige' Boats
                Midwest Regional Sales Manager

Comment

I have a 2001 21V riders, which is pretty well the same as the limited. I d0 have the limited interior in mine, which the orginal ordered that way.

Overall, the boat has been solid mechanically. I have only done fluids and had the impellar changed. I did have to change the TAPS plate since something quirky happened to the plate itself. As others have said, the factory tower that year was garbage. It was easy to fold down, but to many joints causes it to be flexy and prone to cracks. I upgraded mine to the 2005 tower and could not be happier.

Depending on you riding needs, weightinh this boat is a bit trickier than the newer boats. This boat requires the balance to be played with to keep the wake cleaned up. Nothing difficult, just requires some finesse.
                  Last edited by Cheeky; 04-07-2006, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheeky
                    Depending on you riding needs, weightinh this boat is a bit trickier than the newer boats. This boat requires the balance to be played with to keep the wake cleaned up. Nothing difficult, just requires some finesse.
                    I've found that mine likes to have close to even weight front and rear. I just added the Fly High integrated bow sac that wraps around the storage comparments underneath the bow seating area and it's really cleaned up my wake. Also, the weight is as far forward as it can go, which really helps. I run with twin 350 v-drive sacs in the back, about 700lbs in the bow and 1 (soon to be 2) portable 150lb sacks that we move around where we need them. It works pretty well.
                    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

actually i saw that one to but no. The one i was interested in but sold was a 01 2100 v limited.

Comment

crghou- I sent you a PM...

Comment

I own an 01 21V Limited and as mentioned the seats needed to be redone last year. I also added two or three extra vents to the bottoms of the rear seats and that helps get the water out of the seats much better, eliminating a lot of the stress on the seams. The tower's been fine- I am really suprised to hear all of the issues with it. How do you replace it? do you need to re-drill or can you use the same mounts?

Comment

Originally posted by Will5150
                            I own an 01 21V Limited and as mentioned the seats needed to be redone last year. I also added two or three extra vents to the bottoms of the rear seats and that helps get the water out of the seats much better, eliminating a lot of the stress on the seams. The tower's been fine- I am really suprised to hear all of the issues with it. How do you replace it? do you need to re-drill or can you use the same mounts?
                            Just curious, did you do this yourself or have it done?

As for the old tower, that would probably depend on what you replaced it with. I wouldn't worry about it...a decent fiberglass guy at your local shop can make it appear as if the old tower mounts never existed.

Comment

Originally posted by Will5150 View Post
                              Curious, any budgetary estimate how much it costs to get bottom cushions recovered?

KK

Comment

Working...
                              X