2007 VE Tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 VE Tower

I know this has probably been discussed before but I just purchased a 2007 22VE and is has the stock tower on it. Does anyone know if this tower is any good. What is everyone's take on this? It has the two oval type bars at the top and crosses for the collapsing pieces(with attached board racks)

Thanks.

Is this what your tower looks like? If so, then yes, its a good solid tower. Its only real weak spot was the swivel board racks, but a change was made from 06 to 07 that addressed the issue.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...t=series+tower

Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Phew!!!! Yes thats tue exact tower. I was really worried that I was going to have to dump 4k into a Samson. Thanks for the good news!!

Comment

We have same tower and good after 3 seasons. We tighten all fittings every 4 weeks but does fine. We use to pull wakesurfers alot and holds up so far.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
          Is this what your tower looks like? If so, then yes, its a good solid tower. Its only real weak spot was the swivel board racks, but a change was made from 06 to 07 that addressed the issue.

Nice boat. Even without the 6 tower speakers on it wobbles quite a bit. I wanted a Samson but I decided to see if I can break this one first

Someone said there is a certain pattern to follow to tighten to get rid if most of the wobble but I can't find it.

Comment

I have just tightened the back hex bolts then gone to the front 3/4" nut and tightened it a couple of times and so far it has been fine.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post

Interesting. I swapped out the board racks on my 07 for my buddies 06 racks. Mine had that stupid 2 piece threaded lock that always wanted to cross-thread. Terrible. The ones on my buddies 06 had the 3 position locking mechanism, so when he went to sell his, I swapped for them. What was it about those that was a perceived weak spot?

Comment

Originally posted by FacePlant View Post
                Interesting. I swapped out the board racks on my 07 for my buddies 06 racks. Mine had that stupid 2 piece threaded lock that always wanted to cross-thread. Terrible. The ones on my buddies 06 had the 3 position locking mechanism, so when he went to sell his, I swapped for them. What was it about those that was a perceived weak spot?
                They had only 2 1/4" stainless steel bolt holding the two halves together. These bolts where too small and were prone to breaking. Many did, resulting in boards hitting people in the head, hitting the boat or just falling into the water. Mine broke a couple of times, so I finally had a local fab shop weld on a gusset. Problem solved for me as I did not like the 07 model change with the locking bolt through the billet upright that took the load off the bolts when the rack was rotated out. Those racks also didnt lock in the in position. I took the swivel apart and had the shop mill out a scallop for the lock pin to drop into when the rack was rotated in, just like it locked when rotated out.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Same tower I have. Mine wobbles but I have not tightened the mounting bolts yet. Guess I should.
                  Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

I screwed up And destroyed my stack E series Tige tower going underneath a low carport. It was a darn shame. I landed up with a Samsung razor which as a tower was a lot nicer than the e series tower and the fact that it was much easier to raise and lower. But like any tower it wobbled when you had a 4 For more speakers on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X