21v 2002 won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21v 2002 won't start

Hi guys I'm new to the tige world I bought my boat 6 weeks ago and it won't start as of 2 weeks ago. Grrrr

I was wondering if you guys had any idea were to start.

I've checked compression it's good
    New spark plugs
    It turns over it will run with airo start down the throttle body but that is it take it away and it stops.

At first it would run in neutral with throttle but not idle I had the injectors cleaned. It then ran fine for half an hour on fuel then stopped. Now I can't get to run at all

It's almost summer here in aus an I wanna keep riding your help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks joe

Sounds like your starving for fuel suggest check fuel filter first and then fuel pump.

Comment

Did you replace the fuel filter/water separator? I agree with Dom, sounds like a no fuel/bad fuel problem.

Comment

Two things: First, you said it would run with throttle in neutral but not idle ----->Idle air control valve (IAC) merc P/N 803149 $76.09 at perfprotech.com.
        Second, test the fuel pressure at the valve on the front of the fuel rail, should be 30psi +- 2psi, remain steady while the engine is being cranked or during the first 2 seconds when the key is turned on and the fuel pump runs. If it's low or non existent, the fuel pump is bad. If it's too high (40psi+) the pressure regulator is bad and if it comes up then drops (while cranking, NOT when the key is on engine off) your tank anti-siphon is bad. Keep us posted.
        Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Thanks I'll check them out and see how I go thanks guys

Comment

Up date boat now starts runs for 2-5 seconds then stops. Some thing is sending a signal to shut the injectors off. When plugged in to computer it shows that the injectors shutting off but not what is sending the signal

Comment

I could offer my $.02 but, Boatwakes is usually on point with his advice. Hang tough, you'll get it squared away.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Hey thanks all for your input helped cross things off the list. Got it sorted it ended up being the map censor was stuffed and didn't send any error coads.

Thanks again all

Comment

Working...
                X