The Winterizer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Winterizer?

Have any of you installed this? I am considering putting it in my 01 21v. I am trying to make it as easy as possible for winter riding. I already have a bilge heater and my heater set up for quick winterizing, but am interested in a really fast and safe way to drain everything else. Even with the bilge heater I want to be safe and drain between outings.

http://thewinterizer.com/

Why not just a flush pro with rv antifreeze? You are nuts by the way. It's cold here
    Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

interesting idea. WOuldn't use it on a knock sensor equipped boat.

Comment

I am waiting on some parts for my hydrofoil, so I've had some down time. I'm ready to ride next week as soon as my parts show up. If you dress right and wear a non leaking dry suit it's not so bad. You should go down to CDA on Christmas Eve and checkout the Air Santa event. If you ever want to do a winter ride let me know and I'll hit you up next time.

Comment

I don't use antifreeze and it seems like I would go through a ton of it. With this I could just pump the water out, stash the boat and be ready for next time.

Comment

once you get into the routine it only takes a few minutes to pull the drain plugs and a hose to drain the water. We used to ride year round and I would pull the plugs right there on the ramp.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have a 2011 RZ2 with the 343 hp PCM and a heater.I only use 3 gallons of RV antifreeze. You can buy it in the summertime at WalMart for 2.97 a gallon.I just remove top heater hose and fill with a funnel until it comes out knock sensor plugs.I put them back in and continue to fill till it comes out manifold plugs.Then continue to fill until it comes out heater hose nipple on top of motor.
              I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Working...
              X