2012 22Ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 22Ve

Anyone know how many drain plugs there are on a 2012 PCM 343 for winterizing?

So far I have found 6 . One on each side of the engine block, (Knock sensors?) and 2 on each exhaust manifolds. I disconnected the heater hoses and blew the water out of them (and heater core).

Anything else? I had my 22i down, this V Drive is a little different and quite a bit harder to access.

Thanks in advance.

The PCM manual should cover it pretty well. If you don't have it - the downloads/manuals section here on TO has up to 2010 PCM manual: http://www.tigeowners.com/downloads/...10010-10-2.pdf

Page 66 shows the water flow diagram for raw water cooled 5.7L. Six plugs: 2 engine block, 2 exhaust manifolds, 1 water pump, and 1 v-drive. Also, don't forget to disconnect hose from the tranny cooler and drain it.

Comment

There is one on the V-Drive you need to get. Its right below the coupler.

Comment

There are seven plugs plus the raw water pump (which should be removed and the impeller stored in a nice, warm, dry place). The seventh plug is at the bottom of the hose assembly on the "circulation" water pump. The PCM manual is very clear on this - follow the advice above and download it.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Step by Step Instructions on How To Winterize a 2009 Tige 24Ve with PCM EX343 Marine Engine . Check this youtube link .

www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7Egs_ac17c

manuka honey

Comment

Very useful!

My one comment: PCM's engine docs say to pull the plugs, squirt storage oil into each cylinder, and then manually turn the crankshaft a few times. This is instead of shooting the oil into the throttle body. I'd much prefer to do the easier throttle body technique but I do what the PCM manual says so there's no question.

Thanks!

Comment

On the Catanium engines their are two plugs in the exhaust crossover pipe at the top rear of the engine.Over the top of the transmission.
              I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Originally posted by robert theisen View Post
                On the Catanium engines their are two plugs in the exhaust crossover pipe at the top rear of the engine.Over the top of the transmission.
                Yes, it's not a 100% complete guide (did not show impeller removal, for example). But it's a nice intro and convenient to have the visual reference for newbies.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I think I have 3 plugs left to remove:

1. Vdrive plug
                  2. Raw water pump
                  3. Strainer(on the raw water hose)

These all look like a pain in the arse especially compared to my former direct drive.

Comment

There is one on the V-Drive you need to get. Its right below the coupler.

---------------------------------------
                    Psych Season 6 DVD says hello to all of TV fans!

Comment

Working...
                    X