How can I change my oil and replace tranny fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I change my oil and replace tranny fluid

Can anyone explain how to replace my tranny fluid? Also, I want to figure out how to change my own oil...can anyone tell me how? Thanks

If the engine package is a Mercruiser then there should be a black hose clipped to a bracket on the aft, port, top of the motor. That hose is attatched to the bottom of the oil pan. Drain engine oil from there.
    The transmission fluid needs to be sucked out of the dipstick hole.
    The v-drive also needs to be sucked out of the dipstick hole. You can drain it through the plug on the bottom, fwd, stbd side , but what a mess that makes.

5 qts. motor oil sae 40
    1 1/2 qts. dexron III trans fluid
    1 qrt motor oil sae 30 or 40 (v-drive)

Good luck
    Greg Denton
    former service mgr. Tige Watersports July 95-July 05

Comment

I know tige has used a couple different v-drives through the years and I'm guessing every different motor uses a different tranny. Will dexron 3 work in all of them? Same question for the v-drive. Do some specify 30 and others 40?

Comment

Without knowing if the oil was 30 or 40 wt. Would it be bad to mix the 2.
        (Ex. adding 40 wt to the 30 wt already in the boat)

Comment

oil chng

Even if you are topping it off or draining the oil out, it shouldn't make a difference if you put 40wt in and had 30wt or vice/vs. It would just become 35wt if you mixed half / half.
          Love your little ones!

Comment

Working...
          X