Fair Deal for an '01 21V?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair Deal for an '01 21V?

You may have noticed from my previous posts I am seriously considering a Tige, an '01 21V. I need to keep it under 25K, since for now we are going to keep our current boat as well [it is great for everything we do where we are, EXCEPT wakeboarding (Yamaha SX230). And the wife loves it].

The 21 V I am looking at has less than 400 hours, is in immaculate condition, has zero cracks in the gel coat anywhere, factory tower (I think) that has had a crack repaired, TAPS, aluminum trailer, perfect pass, Faria digital guage, dual battery, water pump and packing replaced last year, and new plug wires (MAG 350 PI). Also, the horizontal vinyl was recently replaced (it looks great). Teak platform is well cared for, it looks brand new.

The boat has been kept under a roof for it's life, and only trailered as far as down the driveway into the lake on weekends. It looks to be in great shape.

I will need to add ballast, and at least a flush attachment as I will be running in brackish water (any thoughts on a ballpark for that work?).

What's a fair deal? I don't want to be the engine of economic recovery all by myself by paying way to much. Is NADA fairly accurate? Should this boat fit under my 25k budget? If so, how much?

Thanks for your thoughts,

-jhillard-

NADA will give you a ballpark. Your region will have a role as well. Are there many used boats for sale, how long they been on the market, how does the price compare, etc... Where are you located?

For reference here is an '01 for $24,500. It has the bigger engine and if I am not mistaken it has been on the market for some time - http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...d=&search=tige

Little different but for reference 2000 2300V for $24,000 - http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...d=&search=tige

Comment

I am in the Mid-Atlantic (VA). There are not alot of Tige's for sale here. I have not seen much in the way of Tige's for sale here. I would like to stick with a Tige, if for no other reason than their ability to handle a chop.

I could easily drive as far as Charlotte (or even SC), if there is a really good deal.

I guess I have some thinking to do while Sandy hits over the next two days!

Comment

I paid 19k for my 01 2100v Limited last spring. I don't know if that helps or not. Still has the Metcrap tower, no ballast, and old school Perfect Pass. 330 hrs. Had to put 400 bucks into fixing a few seats.

Comment

I think the 19,500 is closer to what that boat is worth. 25K to me would be to much. We just bought a boat last week after looking at used boats for over 4 months. So I am pretty up on current pricing. Plus where you are at there should be a winter price break.

Comment

Chpthril is a member on this board and can help you out with all of your ballast mods. You can go as mild or wild as you can afford. I just have one 400# sack and one pump. Wish it were a 750 though. You can install your own flush attachment, just search this forum for details. These are great boats. You are buying at the right time as prices will be down for the winter. Sounds like it was well taken care of. Good luck.

Comment

I have that same boat but the SOCAL version (I call it) with the phat tower.

As far as the ballast, be careful running more than 1000 pounds throughout the whole boat if you wakeboard slower than 24 mph. I run 500 in each rear compartment and 750 in the bow. I have to tow at 24mph to get a clean wake.

I don't surf at all but with 750 in the rear corner and 750 in the bow, it makes a pretty good size wave.

I would say it will easily fit your budget!!!

Comment

Working...
              X