21v for wakesurfing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21v for wakesurfing?

Thanks to all for your comments on my previous question about potential issues with the 2001 21V.

How is the 21V as a wakesurfing boat? The current owner is selling the boat because he wants to do more wakesurfing, and does not like the 21V for wakesurfing.

The boat has TAPS, but no ballast tanks. Would it work well if ballast tanks were added? Or is that not a great idea on this boat?

We will mostly be wakeboarding. But if we cannot wakesurf as well, the wife is NOT going to be happy. That is very important! Besides, with my knees, wakesurfing at the end of the day would be a nice change. And we have plenty of guests who won't board, but could be enticed to try surfing.

Has anybody tried it behind a 2001 21V? Good or bad idea?

Thanks again,

We do, i just throw a 700lb sack in the back locker get some friends to jump in and away we go. I think it works great.

Comment

We wake surf behind my 21v all the time. I doubt your gonna find a boat in this price range that surfs any better. Everyone who has surfed behind my boat has been impressed with the wave. I only have a 400 pound sac in the rear locker + a bunch of "human fat sacs" we move around.

Comment

We have surfed behind a friends 2008 Malibu VLX 21.5. How would the 21V compare to the BU VLX for wakesurfing?

Comment

I also have a 2001 2100V, and get an excellent surf wake out of it. I use 400lbs in the rear locker, TAPS at 4, and place people in the bow and appropriate side. I'll attempt to attach a few pics...
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the pics. I think that answers my questions!

Comment

should have no problem surfing behind a 2100V

Comment

Great budget surf boat! Sac it out and get your surf on
                Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

We use a 400 in the rear locker and get a great wave. Ours responds best to the rear weight and some about where the rear tower support is (we always get the biggest person to sit there. Taps at 4, 10.5 mph and the wave has great length and push. All of my sons friends like it the best, even compared to their x45. Plus they get great gas mileage and put out a great wakeboard wake. Add to that, they are built like tanks. Rap your knuckles on the cap of a malibu and then knock on the side of a 21v. Solid in rough water too. If the maintenance has been regularly done, you cannot go wrong IMHO. Good luck!

Comment

Big enough? Yup!

Waiting for another good one!

Comment

This is with only 400 in the locker, a driver and one other person.

Comment

Hossdog, that water looks cold!!
                        Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
                          Hossdog, that water looks cold!!
                          Yeah not warm that's for sure. That was actually from this spring. We are planning on going out on Sunday if it doesn't rain. You're welcome to join us.

Comment

How would a 20v compare to a 21v?

Comment

Working...
                            X