Z3 Low Speed Wake (For Kids)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z3 Low Speed Wake (For Kids)

A friend of mine has a Tige Z3 and we're having trouble getting a clean wake at lower speeds (17-19 mph) for when the kids wakeboard. Seems like no matter what we do the wake is washed out. Anybody having success pulling young riders?

Welcome to the tige site.

Im assuming youve tried various TAPS settings. Are you running any ballast? Have you tried no rear ballast and a little up front?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yes, I've gone up and down with Taps, tried full ballast, no ballast, but it seems like speeding up to 21 is the only thing that will clean it up.

Comment

Oh, and yes, I tried ballast up front with none in back. Still a dirty wake.

Comment

I love my Tige RZ2 dearly ... but I have never seen a Tige in person or pics with a slow (less than 19 mph) clean wakeboard wave.

Shorten the line, empty the rear, weight the bow, and adjust TAPS (and you will probably still have froth at 18).

Comment

I have seen very few wakes for boarding clean under 19 mph in all honesty.
            2011 Tigé RZ4
            www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

Can't get a clean wake on my RZ4 below 20 mph.

Comment

Originally posted by gcombe74 View Post
                I have seen very few wakes for boarding clean under 19 mph in all honesty.
                Seen on Bu and MC.

There was even a thread last year about a Tige owner's kids not wanting to ride behind dad's Tige 'cause their friend's Bu wake was so clean at the low speeds they boarded at.

Comment

Bu/ Axis wakes are clean down to about 15mph. It is a byproduct of their flat hulls. The deep V hulls don't have clean wakes at slow speeds but they make for exceptional surf boats.

Comment

This might sound dumb but try weighting the rear side they are riding on a little bit, like 200 lbs or something, and see if you can get a clean wake on one side. At least they would have one clean side to learn from until they are comfortable and ready to move up to real speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
                      This might sound dumb but try weighting the rear side they are riding on a little bit, like 200 lbs or something, and see if you can get a clean wake on one side. At least they would have one clean side to learn from until they are comfortable and ready to move up to real speeds.
                      This is what we do on our MB. It's not like kids who need to go that slow are even going wake to wake anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruizza View Post
                        Bu/ Axis wakes are clean down to about 15mph. It is a byproduct of their flat hulls. The deep V hulls don't have clean wakes at slow speeds but they make for exceptional surf boats.
                        Btw, the diamond Bu hull does not seem to produce a very clean wakeboard wake at lower speeds as compared to the Bu wake hull.

Comment

have the same problem with RZ4, how many passengers do you have in the boat? get them away from the back and that will help, either no ballast or just a little up front, also try turning into the wake on the side they are going over, it means you have to zigzag a bit so depends on how much space you have and how busy it is, but generally you will need more speed, try and gradually edge them up without telling them to build their confidence.

Comment

I found on my RZ2 that i can always get a clean wake at 20.4MPH, and taps on 3. Anything less and it will always change depending on the crew in the boat and where they sit.

Comment

Working...
                            X