Prop specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prop specs

I received my new prop for my 23v this week, and I am ready to put it in service this weekend; however, I do have a question about tightening the nut on the prop shaft. Are there any specs or torque settings for tightening the nut to hold the prop on the prop shaft? There is nothing listed in the owners manual, and I have not come across any info when searching the forum or the internet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Joe

Contact Acme Propellers, PO Box 1117, Big Rapids, MI 49307. 888-661-2263; Fax: 231-592-0471. www.acmemarine.com.

I have to see any torque specs on putting a prop on.

Comment

You just need to get it as tight as you can. Slide it on the shaft without the key and make a mark with a sharpie, take prop off install key then make sure prop goes all the way up to the mark you made with the sharpie.

Comment

Oh, and put some anti-sieze on the shaft before you install the prop and it will be easier to remove next time you have to remove the prop. The prop does not push against a fitting, just against the bevel on the shaft. You really cannot get the prop nut on too tight, but you do want it tight as you do not want any movement. And don't forget a new stainless steel cotter pin as they are cheap and you do not want to re-use the old pin.
        Ray Thompson
        2005 22V

Comment

Working...
        X