Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige corrosion

Hey all, first post, new to V drives.

I am looking at a 2004 22v limited. Boat has a lot of corrosion on the bottom, some on other metal parts round the boat, worries me. But he is willing to get down to 22-20k. It doesnt seem the boat was properly cared for, but it only has 280 hours. Should I run, my gut doesnt say its shady but it just looks rough, deff left out more then it should have been. Interior is rough like faded, 1 tear in a seat, the two locker covers next to engine cover need replacing. Other then that it seems okay, willing to get a pre buy inspection, I pay for he said he will take off money for everything they find wrong. Just not sure if its worth it if it needs work or the corrosion is an issue.

Thanks

Pics do it more justice then in real I think
    Last edited by racer808; 09-08-2012, 08:56 PM.

Where was this boat used?

Have you been able to do a water test?

Was this boat left in the water for legnths of time? It looks like it.

The more info you can give about the history the more informed answers can be provided. Remember too the interior work is not always cheap.
    Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

22k is a good deal..BUT that being said I wouldnt go near that boat until someone could give me a true answer to whats going on with the bottom of that boat. Is it blistered can it be cleaned or fixed? Looking at the porp it looks like someone tried to clean the bottom by applyiing someting to the bottom and it dripped on the prop. I would keep looking. I would bet a couple grand more could get you a nice boat with alot less issues. my Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by kko View Post
        22k is a good deal..BUT that being said I wouldnt go near that boat until someone could give me a true answer to whats going on with the bottom of that boat. Is it blistered can it be cleaned or fixed? Looking at the porp it looks like someone tried to clean the bottom by applyiing someting to the bottom and it dripped on the prop. I would keep looking. I would bet a couple grand more could get you a nice boat with alot less issues. my Good Luck!
        X2
        Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Originally posted by kko View Post
          x3

Comment

Looks to me like that boat has some issues
            www.automarinecare.com CWB, ACME, FlyHigh, Merc Marine, PCM, Marine-power, WETSOUNDS, HSE Volume Controls, Kicker, Sony, Samson Sports, and many other marine parts or accessory's.

Comment

It was left in its flat at a lake here, fresh water. He says never been on salt water but who knows. Supposed to do a water this week, I am leaning more towards a 02 sanger v210 looks cleaner, stereo is pounding, looks very clean for 19k but I gotta drive across the state to get it.

I think the tige needs an acid wash and then see if it is blistering. But I do not think it is blistering. I really dont wanna be buying someone elses issues> But man I like the boats layout. Anyone else notice how close the trailer is to the ground? seems stupid low to me, is that evenn normal?

Comment

Boats that have not been well maintained can get expensive fast. One approach to consider, go get a bid to get everything fixed, including new upholstery. If he is willing to take it off the price to get it into decent shape, you could end up with a good deal.

Comment

That is normal for the trailer.

Comment

That is normal for the trailer. It looks like he has it jacked up all the way in the front and its on a hill so it makes it look worse than it really is when in the normal position.

Comment

It looks like blisters to me, I'd get some starbrite hull cleaner and take a few wipes at the bottom while you get the mechanicals checked out. If the bottom has little bumps or bumps with discoloration or the bubbles pop and they drip fluid, it's blisters. Watch out for that liquid that comes out of blisters, it's bad for you. Where was the boat kept in the water? If it was warm water I would worry about blisters, if it was relatively cold water It is probably just funk that should come off with hull cleaner. Google gelcoat blisters if you want, there is lots of info on them.
                      2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                      2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

The bottom problem is marine growth that has actually "attacked" the gelcoat and is breaking it down which will eventually lead to water intrusion and blistering. I'm not guessing at it, that's what has happened. Don't buy the boat unless you want blister problems in the future.
                        Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Working...
                        X