ACME Prop upgrade ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACME Prop upgrade ?

I have a factory prop on my 2011 RZR - Last weekend put a little ding in one of the blades, no noticeable vibration or anything but gonna pull it and get it fixed...

I want to buy an additional prop just incase and wanted to know what acme prop to go with. Looking for something that will assist in planeing out the RZR with surf ballast setup...

Acme 1235

Comment

Originally posted by tnvolgrad View Post
      Acme 1235
      x2. that is my vote. actually wiped out my 1235 last weekend by some wood in the lake. put back on my 537 that came from the factory and thought that it was going to be great (of course after I verified my shaft drive tran ext)... loaded my ballast 100% in back 75% in front. went out.. and did not think it was ever going to plane... painful. Empty was just fine fyi.

needless to say mp had a sale and I saved 30% off a new one.. and viola things are back to normal. hole shot is amazing once again, and yes a few mph off the top end.. but that is fine.. dont see much need to go 40 and up.
      Last edited by WakerideN; 08-22-2012, 01:52 AM.
      2011 Tigé RZ4
      www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

Originally posted by tnvolgrad View Post
        Acme 1235
        Nope. Not a good prop on the RZR in my opinion. I had one one my RZR for a couple months and I was not impressed. I think a lot of the issue with this prop has to do with hull clearance. It only sits about 1/2" from the hull.

It did not get the boat out of the hole much better (if at all) than my stock 1631 and it absolutely killed the fuel consumption. I also tested a 2131B, 14.5" 5 blade which got the boat out of the hole better than the 1235 and was much better on fuel consumption. It actually sat about 3/8" from the hull which I didn't like. I also got some cavitation from 12mph - 15mph and it didn't seem to hold wakeboard speeds well.

I'm testing a new ACME 2407 13.5" 5 blade prop in a week or so when it comes in and I'll report back.

Comment

I am curious why that 1235 did not work so hot on the RZR. used to have one on my moomba lsv. worked great as well.
          2011 Tigé RZ4

Comment

Houston. Let me know. I need to order something soon.

I'm hesitant on the 1235 now

Comment

I say take a look at this as well.

http://www.wakeprops.com/wakeboard-b...oat-propellers
              2011 Tigé RZ4

Comment

Originally posted by bherrm View Post
                Houston. Let me know. I need to order something soon.

I'm hesitant on the 1235 now
                ACME will sell it to you and let you return it within 30 days if you are not happy with it or want to try something else. I wasn't happy with it.

We think part of the issue is the hull clearance but the biggest issue for the RZR is bow weight. There may be a point in terms of weight where the 1235 outperforms the 1631 in terms of holeshot but I haven't found it.

With roughly 1800lbs of weight in the rear, including people weight and 1000lbs in the bow, the stock 1631 actually performed a little better. If I had another 500lbs in the walkway or bow, the 1235 may have pulled the rider up easier but I don't want to see any additional bags.

For surfing, the 1235 seems to have a slightly cleaner wake and it did seem to hold speeds better for both wakesurfing and especially wakeboarding speeds.

The fuel consumption was a huge factor though as it probably used 20-30% more fuel.

What are you wanting to improve?

Comment

Originally posted by gcombe74 View Post
                  I would use that chart with caution as it contradicts itself. This could easily lead someone to choose the incorrect prop.
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by houstonshark View Post

What are you wanting to improve?

He mentioned surf wake. which to me equated to weight. i just know when I switched back to my 1235 all my issues getting on plane went away surf or wake boarding.
                    2011 Tigé RZ4

Comment

Originally posted by gcombe74 View Post
                      x2. that is my vote. actually wiped out my 1235 last weekend by some wood in the lake. put back on my 537 that came from the factory and thought that it was going to be great (of course after I verified my shaft drive tran ext)... loaded my ballast 100% in back 75% in front. went out.. and did not think it was ever going to plane... painful. Empty was just fine fyi.

needless to say mp had a sale and I saved 30% off a new one.. and viola things are back to normal. hole shot is amazing once again, and yes a few mph off the top end.. but that is fine.. dont see much need to go 40 and up.
                      any major fuel consumptionchanges between the 537 and 1235?
                      Last edited by sawyer1206; 08-23-2012, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sawyer1206 View Post
                        any major fuel consumptionchanges between the 537 and 1235?
                        Not really sure. (there has to be some the blades are bigger more blade to spin ext) I only ran that 537 during my break in period with no weight and the other day for about 6 hours. I was able to get another 1235 same day.

I have been running a 1235 since 25 hour mark and now 108. just know how it was odd to go backwards. during the break in i never put that 537 under any weight so after that many hours and being used to a very clean hole shot it was like what happened.

initially I was worried i damaged the vdrive or tranny because I was so used to getting up to speed on the 1235. the 537 just took some time and very noticable amount of time. my alt is also around 5000 ft so that plays in too.
                        2011 Tigé RZ4

Comment

Here is my thought. 1235 is a great alternative.

I bent my 537 a few times. Had it fixed and bought the 1235 as a spare. Well the damn rock jumped up again and I bent the 537 again. Put the 1235 on and there was a noticable difference in the hole shot and plane time. With a lot of wieght it helps a lot.

The engine now runs at a perfect RPM for surf and I love it. Bad news though is it is bent again. Damn low water level and rocks and stumps in the lake.
                          Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

ill be ordering the 1235 shortly.. ill let you know what i think..

Currently have the Surf enzo sac and horshoe bag in the front.. So for surfing im running around 650 in the front and around 1500 in the back, plus peeps..

Havent really had an issue with planeing out when surfing, but wakeboarding i have ran into an issue once or twice.

Ill be making a prop change and just recently replaced my horshoe bag with two 540s... wont fill all the way but hopefully i can get 8-900 up front, which i think will also help with planeing, and the wash wake issue i was having from too much weight in the rear..

Ill keep you posted

Comment

With all due respect to those that have given their advise, why not just call ACME and talk to them. Nice guys, easy to talk to and can recommend a prop baised on "your" exact setup and what you want to do. Couldn't hurt and might save you from buying something that doesn't work. 1-888-661-ACME

Comment

Working...
                              X