another taps question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another taps question

Okay, I have an 02 20V my taps wakeplate moves upa and down but no gauge movement. Now it was like this when I bought it, so I replaced the gauge ($90.00 unrefundable) to see that it stll did not work. I have power at the gauge as checked with a voltmeter. I understand that most likely its the damn sending unit (another$180.00). How can I make sure that this is what it is befor waisting more money and can the old sending unit be fixed by anyone experienced in electronics

Also since i am here, I had to wire my stereo's constant hot wire into the ign. wire on the lake one weekend to get it working and my 12v plugs have never worked I thin the breaker is bad. Any ideas on which breakers control these and could this be my problem with the taps gauge

I have an '03 22v so I assume mines about the same as yours. You know how the standard fix for computers is to turn them off and back on again to fix most issues? Well, I'm becoming more convinced that with a Tige, the equivalent is to loosen the hose clamp on the main power cable that attaches to the top, right, back of the engine (as you're looking at it from the back seat) stick a flat blade screwdriver into each of the split male pins to spread them apart, and then plug them back in again. I used to have starting issues and stereo speaker issues where they kept cutting in and out all the time. This fixed both.

I also had issues with my 12v by the ignition. I think what happens is that moisture gets in there, it corrodes and then shorts. It didn't work most of last season. This winter I replaced it with a new one from the auto parts store and replaced the fuse and it works great. the fuse for that one at least is hanging in mid-air roughly a few inches off the panel right behind it. There are 3 that are enclosed in 3 separate in-line snap-on protectors.

Let me know if any of this helps. I'm no expert, but it's what's worked for me.

Good luck!

Comment

I spread the pins in the main connector--no help but good idea.
      there is plenty of fluid in the pump and like I said the plate moves up and down. I t is a dual ram setup. Is the sender the steel cylinder with one green wire coming out of the pump? What wires should be going to the back of the gauge. Is there a breaker for this or a fuse?
      Please help I am trying to get the bugs out before the season gets here.

Comment

Just a suggestion, call tige and Have tige send you a wiring diagram.
        Did you purchase a new or used boat?

Comment

Who would we contact to get a wiring diagram? ... Can we get one posted on this site, so anyone can downloat/ look at it?

I am trying to fix my TAPS too, and have downloaded all of Bennett's info. They do not have a relay in their diagram though. .... Just an example)

Comment

You may want to post this under electrical/mechanical. I believe these are monitored.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

lawnjockey

Give me a call about your taps gauge, it is a very simple system and would be better to explain over the phone rather than an e-mail.

BoarderX this will go for you as well. My number here at the office is 325-676-7777.

Talk to you soon.

Andrew

Comment

Working...
              X