Throttle cutting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle cutting out

I have a 2008 Z1. I havent had any problems until this year. I'm having a huge issue where the throttle cuts out. When I first put the boat on the water, it happens every few minutes, but it quickly builds up to where it happens every few seconds. I have to pull the throttle back to neutral and then reengage it. Then it happens a few seconds later. It makes it very difficult to get the boat back to the ramp. I have taken it to the dealership, and their maintenance guys tell me they cannot duplicate the issue and cant find anything wrong. They just back it into their stall, so they dont actually get it out and run it. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Is the boat just coming out of gear as your are driving or are you losing power?

Comment

If the throttle is dropping back to idle speed, perhaps the electric "throttlemate" controller is the problem. It sends the throttle signal to the ECM. A loose connection, poor internal brush connections, or bad adjustment of the switch arm linkage can cause the ECM to set the electric throttle back to idle. Just a theory from the info you posted. Good luck.

Comment

I had an issue like this and my secondary fuel pump/filter was clogged...

Comment

Throttle position sensor bad. When mine whent bad it acted as if I was going from 3500 RPM to 2500 RPM then back to 3500 over and over again. Mine did beep at me kicking out a code. Hope this helps.

Comment

Hey, I know this was a while ago, but I'm back at it. Thought it was fixed but now that we put it on the water, we are still having issues. It just falls out if gear. It doesn't lose power. Now it doesn't even want to get up when you engage it. The shop is saying the fuel injectors are clogged. Would that make the throttle cut out?

Comment

Now we are having trouble getting it going. We engage the throttle and it never gets going and then will die. Tough to get it started back up. Was yours doing this also? The shop is now saying its the fuel injectors. They will cost about 2K to replace so they are trying to clean them out. Did you replace the filter?

Comment

Give me a call. I think we can nail this down pretty easy. Been through this quite a bit latley actually. Do you have the PCM or the Marine power engine. You can give me a call any time 661-900-6784 ask for Andrew.
                www.automarinecare.com CWB, ACME, FlyHigh, Merc Marine, PCM, Marine-power, WETSOUNDS, HSE Volume Controls, Kicker, Sony, Samson Sports, and many other marine parts or accessory's.

Comment

Working...
                X