Anyone run a Acme 1631 prop on a 21V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone run a Acme 1631 prop on a 21V

I am looking to replace my OJ prop with something that will get out of the hole better. I contacted acme and told them my situation and they recommended the 1631. I read a lot about the 1235 and was wondering if anyone runs the 1631 and if it is sufficient. On another note I may have to stick with a 13.5 because the hull looks like it is like 1/2" from the prop.
    2002 Tige 21V Fox Racing Edition, 315hp, 1.5:1, Acme 1631

I run that prop it is a monster and you still get alot of top end with it. Can't go wrong with it

Comment

The 1631 is a 13.5" dia and the 1235 is 14.5". That would put the 1235 a half inch closer to the hull then the 1631 will be. Too close can cause burn an d blistering on the hull.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. JreisRZR, do you run a lot of ballast and what boat do you run the 1631 on?

Comment

I have had 2100lbs in my rzr with a full tank of gas and 6 people. I figure about 4k boat 2100 ballast 1000 lbs of people/gear on my ex 343 which the prop is run on (came with this from factory unless my dealer changed it?) set up like that itll pull my 250 lb friend out with no issue and runs around 3200-3400 at 22-23 mph. Top end at about 44.7 kissing 45. I believe it's analogous to the old 1237 prop? Or something? But just with an inch less diameter. Hope that helps

Comment

Thanks for the info. I found a local place that has one. I am going to try to pick it up next week if work permits.

Comment

Got the new prop a few weeks ago. I thought it was going to be a quick switch and man was I wrong. I spent about 10 hrs trying to get the old one off. I used a prop removal tool, PB Blaster, torch, wood block and a hammer. Nothing seamed to even budge it. I ended up taking it in to have it changed. LOL they spent another 6 hrs trying to get it off. Turns out that the key was sheared off and the prop got wedged on the shaft. Well worth the wait. I have taken the boat out 2 times since the new prop has been on and what a difference. The last trip to the lake I ran 1200 lbs of ballast and 6 adults on the boat and it never even hesitated. Big change since before with 10 people and no ballast it wouldnt plane out. this weekend I am going to fill the ballast up all the way and see how it dose.
              Last edited by scotty83; 08-01-2012, 07:31 PM.

Comment

I talked to Jim yesterday, he rec the 1847, which is the same specs as the 1631, except a half inch larger. I don't weight my boat a ton like you. Good to hear you noticed a difference!

Comment

It is definitely a noticeable difference. I really wish I could have gone bigger but the 1631 is already 1/2" away from the hull. Good luck with the 1847, report back with results where you get it.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty83 View Post
                    It is definitely a noticeable difference. I really wish I could have gone bigger but the 1631 is already 1/2" away from the hull. Good luck with the 1847, report back with results where you get it.
                    Just reading old threads... the 1847 is legit for this boat. My boat had been used at various altitudes too and this prop is by far the best.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X