Max Srating Capacity in 2002 Tige 2300V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max Srating Capacity in 2002 Tige 2300V

Where is the metal plaque attached on a 2002 Tige 2300V? I was checked by the water patrol this weekend. We had 11 people in the boat and he thought that was too many for the boat. We all had life jackets so he just checked registration and moved on. Is it possible to get a new max capacity plaque for my boat? If so, who do I need to contact?

Depending on where you live it is not necessary to have a capacity plate. A lot of states only require capacity plates on boats shorter than 20 ft so this would not apply to your boat.

The police guy was trying to hassle you.

Comment

Mine is under the motor hatch. 21V is rated for 12.

Comment

12 people on a 21 ft? I bet that gets a little crowded!

Comment

Tige Specs

http://www.tigeowners.com/model_specs.php
          "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Originally posted by LakeRat View Post
            12 people on a 21 ft? I bet that gets a little crowded!
            My Z1 is 10, the R20 is 12, I bet that is a bit crowded

Your boat is rated at 12
            "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Had 12 on yesterday. Not too bad if everyone leaves bags and such on the dock. All but 3 (adult sponsors) were 10th graders.

Comment

I have the same boat. It is rated for 12 or 13, I can't remember as it is at storage currently. I keep the same rated amount of preservers on the boat.

I would just call the factory and order a new plate.
                Boating Lake Mead since 2000

Comment

If someone can take a high resolution picture of their decal, I'm sure I can make one. Would have to be a clean straight shot with no flash obviously.

Comment

My 2001 2300V Limited has the yellow/silver USCG plaque mounted to the underside of the engine hatch.
                    The people capacity is 14 on that plaque, and I don't recall the weight. I will try to get a picture of it posted.
                    I have had 14 people on the boat before, but 8 of them were under age 10, which is the only (moderately) comfortable way to fit that many bodies on board!

Comment

I just asked the same thing and USCG only requires plate on boats shorter than 20ft. After that it was up to the MFG if they put a plate on them or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X