Chrome exhaust tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrome exhaust tips

I looking to put chrome exhaust tips on my 24v, has anyone seen this done on a tige?
    Last edited by G-MONEY; 12-21-2005, 05:27 PM.
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

I've also wondered about this for my 22V!

Comment

I asked this same question a long while back but got no response.
      I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

Comment

Well I guess I will keep looking around and if I find anything I will let everyone know.
        Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

After thinking about it a little more I did come accrossed a website that had them. They came in different diameters and even had flappers in them, I don't know what size would be needed. I do know that they were REALLY expensive. Maybe I'll look around and see if I can find the site.

Comment

G-MONEY- I found it, it is Rex Marine. rexmar.com. Look under E for exhaust, down at the bottom, tips. Plenty to choose from, then look at the price sheet!!!

Comment

Rushin
              I was looking at the Rex Marine web site and it looks like the tips that would fit are the straight cut short or bullet cup tip. The out side boat length is just under 3” for the bullet and 1.5' for the straight. The set is only about $250 that not too bad and that is with the superflapper.
              Last edited by G-MONEY; 12-29-2005, 05:10 PM.

Comment

I emailed TIGE and got a response of "cannot help you, go talk to your dealer". I'm not sure they even care with this response. You would think they would be interested and look into this in order to have these on the boat in order to enhance the look. I even gave the suggestion to move the exhaust by about 1 to 2 inches. That way you could put on any tip you would like. Do not even know if anyone in their engineering/manufacturing was told???? They are not the greatest communicators!
                Thanks for the tips on REX MARINE. As soon as I can, I will stop by their shop and see what can be done if anything.

Comment

gman- That would be great, let us know what you find out.

Comment

G-man as i explained, we do not offer them as an option and asked you to talked to your dealer and see if they knew of anyone that had installed them. The problem we ran into was they interfered with the taps plate. As for moving the exhaust 1-2 inches, there are several factors that must be taken into consideration just to accomplish this. This ranges from floor height/engine placement, exhaust routing and manifold position just to name a few. As you can see this is just the begining of the factors. One way to ensure that they fit would be to remove the TAPS Plate and install the fixed manual plate, then the boat would lose its versatility and we can not do that.

If I was aware of a way to make them work I would have explained this to you. We do value everyone of our customer imputs, unfortunately not every idea can work. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me at 325-676-7777.

Andrew

Comment

Thanks Andrew. Makes since to me. However, I think they would work with the TAPS plate IF the tips were short enough.

Comment

rushin and G-MONEY,
                        I went to the Rex Marine shop today. Your long asked question and now mine and G-MONEY's I think is answered. I found an exhaust assembly (polished stainless) that is 2 1/4 inches long with a flapper. This is from flange that goes against the boat to the end of the tip. Unfortunately it Will not work. I measured real close and the taps plate bend on the end of plate is in the way and will hit the tip when you raise the plate to the up position. Sorry! I'll continue looking and see if I can find anything else! It would have really looked nice.

Comment

Andrew,

I know it would take some engineering work, additional options, part numbers, etc., but could Tige just make a polished stainless version of the existing exhaust tips?

Sounds like customers want something shiny really bad and are willing to pay good money for it.

They could be designed with a cutout that would allow clearance for the TAPS plate.

Comment

but could Tige just make a polished stainless version of the existing exhaust tips?

This can't be that hard. Tige needs to look in to this.

Comment

I have spoken to our R & D individuals and we will see what happens, no promises guys. Also in the mean time if someone finds a set that works please e-mail me the information and I will pas that along. Once I find out something I will let you guys know. If anyone has other comments on how we can better the boats please drop me a e-mail. my addy is tigeman@tige.com

Thanks

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                              X