New '06 V's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New '06 V's

There has not been a thread started in this section for some time, so I figured I would start one.

I had the opportunity to stop by the new Tige dealership here in town (Capital Water Sports). What a nice facility. They are not quite done with the building, but the owner was kind enough to let me browse the 06 line. We spent a great deal of time talking boats, even though he had numerous vendors waiting and was still in the process of setting up shop. He appeared to truely believe in the Tige product and also understood the value of good customer service. He spent a lot of time with me as I wandered around, even though he had a million other things he could have been doing. So far, these guys get an A in my book. Thanks for showing me around Kevin, I appreciate it...

That being said, I was there to check out the entire line, but really wanted to see the 22v and the 20v. The ve series had some really nice features, but the transom, walkthrough, and sundeck has yet to grow on me. I did like the new dash, windshield, tower, and interior. And the 24ve, that thing is a monster...

All of the 06 22v's were still shrink wrapped. I did get to check out the 06 20v. To be honest, I was a little disappointed. I liked the boat on the exterior and it was a perfect size, but I did not like the boxiness of the stadium seating and losing two cupholders from 05. The rear storage hatches and engine hatches were also very flexible and felt flimsy when they were opened. Very uncharacteristic of the V series. The hatches even appeared to be made of a different material than the V series. The entry step present on the 05 was also removed from the driver side. It is obvious that the 06 20V is the 05 Switch V with better interior and different dash. I'm not saying that is bad, it just did not feel like a V or Ve series boat...

But , I am still looking forward to the demo, and I am hoping the things that I did not like about the boat will grow on me...

One thing I wanted to check on the 22v, but was not able to. Does anybody know if the 22v has the same split-style lounge bow seating as the 22Ve and 24Ve?

Yes, the 22v does have the split seats up front with the shock on it.

Comment

the Ve took time to grow on me too. even know i did end up buying a 22V, the Ve is a very nice boat. try to give it some time.

Comment

Working...
      X