did I get the right prop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did I get the right prop?

On our last trip of the year we took our 20V to Grand Lake in Oklahoma. It was our first time there and we had a great day but on our way back to the dock we found a shallow rock ledge and wadded up the prop. We had our Supra for 12 years without so much as a ding in the prop so I never felt the need to set the alarm on the depth finder on this new boat. Expensive lesson.
    It was the 3 blade Acme 515 and even though it worked great we plan to load up with ballast and I decided to go with the 4 blade Acme 537. Just wondered if anyone here has tried both and how much difference did you see?

Do you have the Syncro-tech v-drive or the standard 1.1 vdrive? The 515 is for the standard and 537 is for the syncrotech v-drive.

Comment

a also have questions regarding props. my 02 20v has a stainless 4 blade 14x18.5 LH 1-1/8

with 2000 lbs of ballast and a few people in the boat, it becomes very hard for the boat to plane. what pitch prop do i need

thanks
      Brandon Whitehead

Comment

PHP Code:
        lawnjockey 
        You would need a Acme 537 for a better holeshot with that much weight in the boat.

Comment

Thanks, i just got done looking in old archives and i believe you are right. How much difference will I see.

Comment

Alot more holeshot and very slight drop in top end speed.

Comment

Lee, I never did thank you for the response that I'm glad I got before I put the 537 on. I ordered it from Wakeside because I had several bonus dollars to use up after the purchase of our NVS Addictions and an amp. According to their order chart they list all Tige' V-drives as using the same props. I did send it back in exchange for the 3-blade Acme 525 and a refund for the price difference. They also said they will revise their Tige' prop chart.

Comment

I ordered a 537 today from wakeside for 349.99 with free shipping and 14 dollars off after rebates. I cant wait to try it out in our 40 degree weather her in knoxvegas

Comment

Working...
                X