Fresh Air Exhaust System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh Air Exhaust System

I was going to get a Fresh Air Exhaust System for my 2005 22V to install as a winter project. Our biggest complaint about the 22V (besides fuel consumption which was a given) has been that the exhaust is louder than our prior stern drive. It is not a fault of the boat, just the nature of inboard engines.

So today Fresh Air calls me and informs me that if I order before the end of the year they will take $100.00 off the price of the product. If I remember correctly that was more than a 25% discount on the product. So I ordered with the product to be shipped sometime in March. Should be ready to go by the middle of April when the boating season starts in Tennessee.

If any of you have considered this system now would be the time to order.

Oh, and by the way, if you have above water exhausts (out of the water when the boat is at rest), your insurance will go up by about 30 to 40 percent. Just a little factoid for you Jeopardy wannabees.
    Ray Thompson
    2005 22V

Keep us posted on the improvement. I may even want to take a look at yours on Watts Bar when you get it installed!

Comment

Fresh Air Exhaust

Mine will be delivered sometime in March as I indicated. I will certainly keep everyone posted, will probably take pictures during the install, and will post the results. Depending on the weather it should be installed shortly after the arrival.

After it is all done I will contact you and arrange a meeting place, probably Kingston at Ladd Landing, where you can see the system and we can go for a ride and you can see (or is that hear) for yourself.
      Ray Thompson
      2005 22V

Comment

Sounds great (pun intended)!

BTW, did you hear that Terry Richardson with Sea Ray of Knoxville passed away? He had gone to work for the new Bass Pro Shop in Kodak and was down in Atlanta for the race a few weeks ago with them and died in his sleep. He was only 45.

Comment

No, I had not heard that. I did not know Terry and just been working with Sea Ray since the boat show early this year (2005).
          Ray Thompson
          2005 22V

Comment

I had one of these systems installed on my boat and it's awesome! S-o-o-o-o much less noise from the back of the boat. It's a great product if you like wakesurfing (less fumes). My kids say it looks cool, too.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

RayThompson

Thanks for in info on the discount, I have wanted to get there system (Mostly for sound resins) but the price was a little high.

Tige has a new muffler out, but it runs over 200 each. Installed your looking at around 600.
              With the info I have gotten, Larry’s system is both quieter, and put less backpressure on the engine. ( Better GPH)

Thanks Again,
              David
              Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

Working...
              X