TAKING ON WATER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAKING ON WATER

I have a 2009 24Ve (my first boat - still learning) I recently moved it to a wet slip from a dry stack Marina. The boat is taking on water and the rear platform was 8" below water. The bilge only goes on when I activate it and the ballast port also are pumping out water....help!

I'd say you got a leak.

Sorry, I'm sure your in no mood for jokes. If it's gonna be in a slip, you definitely need an auto bilge. You might be able to pull it out and fill the bilge up with a hose and see if water starts leaking out somewhere. The first place I would look is the shaft strut and tracking fins. Hopefully it's not one of those items. You say it has a ballast system? Check the thru hull fitting for the intake. Very good chance it wasn't sealed correctly when it was installed. Check the platform bracket bolts. If they somehow came loose, they could easily allow water in. Check the speedo pickup. If PerfectPass was installed aftermarket, it could be leaking from there. Are there any underwater transom lights? That's another below the waterline hole. Taps ram has another thruhull hole.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Oh, check your ballast pumps and pump manifold. I'd bet water was left in there, cracked the PVC and now its leaking. Same might have happened with the pumps and its leaking through to the tanks or sacs.

Comment

Definitely install and auto bilge and make sure even with the battery switch off the pump still will work. Nick gave great suggestions, another was, has it rained recently? Some covers allow water to pool and seep through.

Comment

Your Tige has an auto bilge, so id say either fuse is blown, the brown wire got left off the B+ battery post, or the float is stuck.

Is the slip covered? If not, I bet its rain water that has collected due to a non-functioning bilge pump.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

That's a lot of rain to drop the platform under the water by 8" on a 24ve. Not that its impossible.

Comment

X2 on the auto bilge pump. It takes a lot of water to put a swim platform 8 inches under. Let us know what you find.

Comment

Thanks Y'all

Great suggestions for the newbie on the scene and very much appreciated. YES WE HAD A WHALE OF A STORM LAST Week. 8 inches of rain! Im heading back to check in now. Thanks for the help gents!

Comment

Damn it. Is anyone else sick of Mike being right?

Well, I'm off to kill some more beer.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post

i can name a few
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Hey, my money was on you
                      Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

I guess I've managed to convince someone I'm not full of chit. Problem is, Mike keeps proving I am. Maybe ill get lucky and DWJOHNS here won't do anything about a leak and he'll come back next week and his boat will be at the bottom of the lake.

Comment

By the time you read this, it will be dead and its Mike fault.
                          Attached Files

Comment

By the time you read this, it will be dead and its Mike fault.
                            Are you still holding my Kona hostage

Comment

hijack - hijack

Comment

Working...
                              X