synchrotec drive system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

synchrotec drive system?

i'm looking into getting 06 tige and my dealer printed me out a sheat with the price and options on it and i was wonder what synchrotec drive system is. i haven't had time to call my dealer so i thought i'd ask here.

It is a 1.5:1 ratio v-drive instead of the 1:1 unit that is standard. If you are wakeboarding with several people and/or a lot of weight it is a must.

Comment

alright i'll make sure to get it then because thats what i'll be doing.

Comment

Hey Spencer,

As Lee mentioned, you definately want it. It's a gear reduction v-drive that will give you better hole shot and will maintain wakeboard speeds easier. You loose about 1 to 1.5 mph on top end, but that's not why we use these boats anyways!

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Nick Howard
        Midwest Regional Product Mgr.
        Tige' Boats
        Nick Howard
        Tige' Boats
        Midwest Regional Sales Manager

Comment

one other question i sent in sheet to my dealer today of what i wanted on my tige so i can get a price, but haven't heard back from him yet. and i was wonder if it costs anything extra to get the accented vinyl or colored uprights? i'm sure it cots something but maybe a price range for the two would be nice.

Comment

There is NO additional charge for an accent color in the vinyl.

My personal opinion on interior colors: definately do the accent color. Just make sure to do a contrasting color for the piping to help set it off. Again, just my personal opinion!

The retail cost on upgrading the Tower Billets to a Custom Color is about $100. Again, I prefer to have some color in the tower, but just my opinion.

Again, let me know if you have any other questions.

Nick Howard
            Tige' Boats
            Nick Howard
            Tige' Boats

Comment

one more question. i know on the 05s you could get the ipod connectors, can you still get it on the 06? i love my ipod!

Comment

Yes, the ipod adapter is available this year as well.

Nick Howard
                Tige' Boats
                Nick Howard
                Tige' Boats

Comment

thats good, what would that run me about 100$. i also saw pictures of some tiges with the speakers on the tower and they were painted, can you get that from the factory or did someone do that by themselves?
                  Last edited by spenchey2; 11-18-2005, 09:53 PM.

Comment

The ipod adapter that we use is a hard wired adapter, not a one that runs through an FM frequency, so it's more expensive, but also provides better sound quality. Also, keep in mind that it's already installed, so there's cost there as well.

MSRP on the ipod adapter is about $500, but talk to Mau about it and see what their price is.

The factory tower speakers are polished. Custom color speaker canisters are only available as an aftermarket item.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
                    Nick Howard
                    Tige' Boats

Comment

I built my own ipod adapter for about $10. It works by connecting to the CD Changer input. Works great and the price was right.

It does not allow you to control the ipod from the stereo head though.
                      -Tip

Comment

thanks for your guys help. i won't be able to get to my dealer until next month some time so i'll have to remember to ask them about it.

Comment

If your interested in the Ipod Adaptor, You can pick the clarion one up from your local stereo store for around $120-$150 and probably another $50 or so for install. Should be the exact same unit Tige installs since they have the clarion headunit.
                          Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

i would like to thank you guys for all your help. i just purchased my new 22v today, and can't wait to get it. now all i need is it to snow 6+ inches on the 24th here and my boat is free . but thanks again for the help.

Comment

Congratulations! New off the showroom floor, or is it being built?

I am assuming you live in an area that has absolutely a 0% chance of getting some snow...

Comment

Working...
                              X