Tige not backing their product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige not backing their product

We puchased a new 03 24V from Taylors Boats in SLC. We are experiencing several problems with Tige not backing up their boat. We have had our boat in the shop several times for repairs. The problems that are occuring are fiberglass cracks on the interior of the boat and all of our seams on the seats are splitting out. Tige is proposing that we pay for all the labor for repairs they will supply material, is this the normal way Tige backs up their product? What experiences have anybody else had with these same problems? Our boat has always been in inside heated storage this cannot be normal wear and tear on the boat, does anyone else have the same isues and what did Tige do about them?

Rick,
    I understand your frustration however I want to discuss the issues you are having with your boat. The vinyl in your boat was covered by a 12 month labor warranty. Gel coat is excluded in the written warranty, however under Customer Service we covered gel coat for a period of 12 months. Unfortunately your boat is outside of the 12 month period. Staying consistant with Tige's policies and procedures, Tige will supply the upholstery skins to fix your boat at no cost to you. As for the gel coat issues since this occured outside of the 12 month period, Tige has offered some financial assistance in getting the boat repaired. By all means Tige does stand behind their product.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me at 325-676-7777.

Andrew

Comment

Rick,

Thank you for taking the time to discuss the issues you are having with your boat. Again I appoligize for your inconvenience and I am glad that I was able to come to a decision that you feel is fair. Please feel free to contact me if any questions arise.

Andrew

Comment

They back their products

Okay, here is the deal. Since the purchase of my boat I have found that many times the issues that arrise are not TIGE' they are the dealers. TIGE' has more than agreed to help me fix my issues and I will most likley be dealing with TIGE' direct on many of them. It seems to me that TIGE' cares about there product and wants it to look good and work well. They will take care of all issues with in reason and fair matters. The dealer is the one we need to work with to figure out their motives. I am very please with the agreements that TIGE' has made to take care of a few issues with me on there boats.

Comment

I think that sounds pretty decent of Tige. In theory, this boat could have been made in August of 2002, making it 41 months old, or possibly even a little older.

I hope my boat doesn't have that kind of issues at that age, either.

It isn't the first time that dealer has been trashed on this forum...
          Be excellent to one another.

Comment

I can't stress the importance of a good dealer, they are your advocate.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
            X