Heater Core 21V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heater Core 21V

OK....heater core sprung a leak over the summer....so I by-passed it with a union, but now I need the heater again. Anyone know about how much $ a heater core for a 21V is gonna set me back?? Also, is there an automotive core that will work, that I can get from Auto Zone or something?

DC

You might try pulling the core and taking it to a place that does radiator repairs. Those guys can sometimes work miracles.
    Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

Comment

The heater core will run you about $80.00 and about a 1 1/2 hr. of your time.

Comment

I experienced a failure with my heater core when my boat was only 3 years old. I have a 1999 2200i. The failure irritated me as I thought the core failure was a ridiculous component to fail, especially so soon,, but it was hard to ignore the hot water running down the driver's cockpit dripping on my leg when you're out on the lake with air temps 110 degrees. That summer my left leg look like a clean shaven swimmer's although it was a stark contrast to my hairy right leg,,this was often the topic of initial conversations.

I pulled the core and took it to my buddy's radiator shop. He immediately recognized it as a fairly popular core,,I checked my maintenance log which indicates;

R&R HEATER CORE (GDI 39 9025) 85-90 Ford van no AC

Do not know how much it cost as he owed me a favor and gave me a new one. Knowing him,,I think retail was around $40.00 so his cost was probably $10-15.00. The core matched up exactly,,,I did the work myself one day out on Lake Mead in between sets as everyone was eating lunch,,except me.

Oh,,the Tige dealer wanted a ton and it was going to take 4-6 weeks. Hope this is helpful..

Comment

Thanks Teachercop....that's what I was looking for. I've heard there are a few common automotive ones that will work. I'll pull it out and drop on the counter at my local Auto Zone and see if that one for the Ford van matches up......heat will be nice to have again....no more spastic chills while I am pulling off the wetsuit!!

Thanks
          DC

Comment

Working...
          X