wake on 22v and 24v.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wake on 22v and 24v.

i've lately been looking into different tige's lately. i've ended up being stuck between a 06 22v or 24v. i don't like the ve's, so i've put those out of the running. i've been reading what people have to say about them and i've heard the 22v wake is sloppy. i want to get the best wake i can out of my boat because it going to mostly be used for wakeboarding. is there really much of a difference between the 22 and 24's wake?

We had an 01 22V and now an 04 24V. The main difference we found was thesize of the wake. Getting a hugh wake is easier on th 24V. The shape can be controlled by Taps.
    Demo them both and ride behind them. Let the Kids ride too if they are a factor. We found the 24V had much more room which is always welcomed.
    and as always, do what your wife tells you.

Comment

whomever told you a 22v wake is sloppy, either does not know how to weight it properly or is on crack.

yes, the 24v will take less ballast to get a big wake.

a 22v with proper ballast throws an excellent wake, yes, it is big..especially with ballast plus 6 people.

Comment

i wouldn't be useing ballast at all. i can't get a demo for a 24v because my dealer has ordered a 20v and 22ve. i don't like the ve's. so there would be now way for me to demo a 24v. if i order an 06 it will not have ballast on it.

Comment

Don't have 24v wake to compare this to, but this is the 2005 22v wake with the stock ballast and 2 people in the boat. The Rider is 6 ft. tall and it's at 22 mph / 75 ft. back for reference. Good, peaky shape and size.

*Sorry for the large pictures

Hitting the wake:

Coming down (After a BS 360, thus weird position):
          www.dallaswakeboarding.com

Comment

that wake looks fine to me. if any one has a 24v wake pic can you please post it?! i also read that the wake curls over until 22+mph which is a little faster than i'm used to because i'm realativelly to wakeboarding.

Comment

This past weekend I was riding at 19 mph for fun, with about 2000# of extra weight in the boat, and the wake wasn't even washing. Thanks to Taps, you can fix the wash If it does come.
              www.dallaswakeboarding.com

Comment

thanks for the help guys. i guess i'm still debating weather or not to get ballas on an 06.

Comment

I Think you'll love the wake on either boat. Here is a couple pics of an 05 22V with 200 pounds of lead in the back and 5 passengers. The dork with the helmet on is 6'9" tall for reference:
                  Attached Files
                  Be excellent to one another.

Comment

And this is Kathy Williams, one of Tige's sponsored riders.
                    Attached Files
                    Be excellent to one another.

Comment

thanks for the pics, the wake looks great to me. i just don't know if i can handle waiting through the winter to ride again.

Comment

here's an 04 24V wake. not too good of a shot.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Come to Atlanta... ride a 24v. The wake behind it is much cleaner than the 22v. MUCH. All around better boat. I would seriously steer anyone shopping to that one I posted from Ebay. That is a very nicely setup boat.

Comment

Working...
                          X