My project boat, 1999 21V Riders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My project boat, 1999 21V Riders

Hello all, I’m somewhat new to the site and a new Tige owner. I recently purchased a 1999 21V Riders Edition from a lazy, irresponsible Tige owner that treated this boat like a redheaded step child (no offence to any ginger step children out there). Unfortunately this guy never serviced the boat or covered it up, but fortunately for me I beat him up on the price so hopefully I will come out on top.

Mainly the boat is in need of cosmetic attention, with minimal mechanical repair. I am doing all of the repair and replacement of the interior myself, so I thought I would post up some pictures of the project and ask for suggestions on different things that I will be changing on the boat.

I will be putting an E-series tower on it and have been thinking about having a hard Bimini top with storage for surfboards. Any thoughts on the Bimini? I have also been thinking about doing a half wrap as well.
    Attached Files

Here are a few more photos of how bad the interior was.
    Attached Files

Comment

Wow, she has definitely come a long way! Looking good...keep the pics coming
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Looking good. It looks like you will come out on top.

Comment

You will love the versatility of the hull design. Love mine and you will definately enjoy yours. Lookin good.

Comment

Very nice, I wish I could find a winter project like that.
            The luck is gone, the brain is shot, but the liquor we still got.

Comment

that poor boat.. thank god you saved it

they still used wood floors that year??

Comment

Originally posted by JreisRZR View Post
                that poor boat.. thank god you saved it

they still used wood floors that year??

I know right!!! I felt sick the first time I saw that boat and had to take it out of this reckless guys hand and bring it back to life. Yes they still had wood floor in the back section of the boat back then. I had to repair some of the wood and fiberglass as well before replacing the carpet (which was loads of fun). I just about never got that resin off of my hands....lol

One other good thing is that I am a part time Technician at a Tige dealership here in town, but I am still relatively new to boat repair, so I rely on the other guys heavily.

Comment

Thanks for all of the positive comments!! I am going to work my butt off to get it done in time for this coming season. I can't wait to finnish it and go ride.

Comment

Thats what I am in the process of doing with a 2001 2100v but the cosmetics are great, its the whole winter 2010 when it flooded on the trailer along with salt water use that is rusting the engine, corroding the control cables and so on.

Comment

How was pulling up that carpet in the rear? I have a 2001 21v thinking about Seadek instead of carpet for the bow and rear.

Comment

Originally posted by tktige' View Post
                        How was pulling up that carpet in the rear? I have a 2001 21v thinking about Seadek instead of carpet for the bow and rear.

Replacing the carpet in the back was not too bad. But removing the carpet glue from the floor was a pain. If you use some glue remover and scrapers, plus some elbow grease, then it will come up. I was planning on using seadek on the bow walkway, but I ended up finding the correct bow carpet for my boat at work one day and was able to get it cheap. I think using seadek on the back portion is not a bad idea, but I know it will be more expensive and a little harder to install than the carpet.

Comment

How hot would the SeaDeck be on the feet in a Texas summer? Would it cool as quickly as carpet with water on it. Curious because it sounds like a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by laserfish View Post
                            How hot would the SeaDeck be on the feet in a Texas summer? Would it cool as quickly as carpet with water on it. Curious because it sounds like a good idea.
                            Surprisingly the seadek does not heat up much. All of the new Tiges come with black seadek on the swim platform and I have not had too much of a problem with it being too hot to stand on. I work for a Tige and Chaparral dealership here in Austin, and I have seen a few boats with seadek throughout the entire boat and all of the customers seem to like it a lot.

Comment

Keep up the good work and the pics! Enjoy the boat.

Comment

Working...
                              X