22v vs. 24v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22v vs. 24v

i'm new to this site but not new to posting on the internet and i need some help. i'm currently lookin at two tige's one is a 22v yellow 2004 riders edition and the other is a black 24v http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tige-...spagenameZWDVW . i want to know if the 22v is better than the 24v, i know the 22v is very popular but i want to hear what you think instead of hearing most of it out of the salesmens mouth.

I wold say it depends on your situation. If the additional storage, room for people, and perhaps a little better rough water ride is important to you, the 24V might be the better choice.
    If none of that matters and you want a little better efficiency and a more compact package, the 22V might be better.

For me and my family, hauling tons of stuff and people was VERY high on the list, therefore we bought a 24V without even considering a 22.

As far as wake quality, etc. my understanding is they are pretty close, but I would think that the extra hull displacement and weight of the 24V might give it a little edge in size of wake (ballast, etc. being equal).

The best advice I could give is to drive and spend some time in both, and decide for yourself!

Comment

We looked at both, and I have to say the pull of the extra 2 feet was strong, but we decided to go with the 22v for these reasons.

We felt the 24v wasn't quite as agile as the 22v, it turns a little slower, etc. Really not a big issue.

The 22v fit in our garage! Biggest Issue!!

We are going to build a new house soon, and I get to design my "perfect garage" so we are now looking to move up to the 24v in the next year or so!

BTW, both have ample storage. I don't think you'd be disapointed with either.
      "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

In 2002 It was between a 02 20V and an 03 22V. I bought the 20V which was a great 1st boat. Unfortuneatley the lakes we go can tend to get chopped out. In 05 I was trying to decide between the 22V and 24V. I ended up with the 24V since i did not want to get 2footitis in another 2 years. I need to keep the boat a while. Both are great boats. You do give up a little handling and I find the 24 V a little harder to wieght to get a good wake at speeds less than 20 mph for the younger riders

I did have to buy a storage unit as the boat did not fit in my garage.
        Let it be!!!

Comment

thanks for all the input guys. this will be my first tige and my first true wakeboarding boat. i sort of leaning towards the 24v because of all the stuff it has on it. but the 22v sounds like it would better to handle. i suppose it doesn't really matter to me either would be good. but either way i'm going to end up with a tige in a couple months or weeks. but i'm really excited to get a tige and can't wait to go wakeboarding behind it. once again thanks for the input. if anyone has any more i'd glady apperciate it.

Comment

You will love either boat. I would certainly check into PCM power, or at least that all the updates have been done on the Marine power motor.

Comment

If you use it on a choppy lake and want to be able to "cruise" in the boat, go 24, but if you are looking for a stricktly wakeboard boat, I would go 22. Our lake is choppy and we take a lot of people out, we could not do that with the 22, the 24 has so much more room and handles the chop a lot better. Good luck with both

Comment

our lake gets a little choppy, but i don't take a lot of people out besides when the whole family comes back and then they just pile in my dads sea ray 290. i'm looking at pretty much a boat that i can wakeboard on and just a boat to crusie around in together. so if i don't get the 24v on ebay i'll be getting the 22v from my dealer. thanks again guys, if you have any more helpful info me please post it.

Comment

After owning both, I can easily say the 24v is a nicer boat in all aspects. It is just a better ride.

Will be putting mine on the market here in about 2 more weeks. Will hate to see it go, but new boats are always fun .

Comment

ditto on the 24 over the 22 after owning both. lots of room great wake. no biggie on the handleing.

Comment

Working...
                    X