Water in the bildge or dry??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water in the bildge or dry??

Ok - from reading thru the treads it seems that depending on the type of boat and prop axil(?) the bearing may or may not leak to keep it from burning up.
    This seems to make it so the bildge will either be a little wet or completely dry (not counting water from equipment etc..)

I have a '03 22v riders edition - it seems I constantly have an inche or so water in there and the pump kicks on a few times when were are out on the lake.

How do I know if this is normal or not?

Thats about normal. Usually guys will drain it on an incline, it will take care of that last little bit in the bilge.
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

That's what I thought too, but it turns out that on my boat, Tige forgot to install a second one of those packing thingies (ok, you all can make fun of me now) so it leaked like a sieve. The only time my pump ever runs is if I take on water from some other source.

On my boat, I do end up with about an inch of water after a full day, but the bilge never kicks in.
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

This is where we miss Tige M.D. I'm just an amateur.

I agree with TWEIRICH, I don't think you should leak any water into the boat on a 03 22V. The only water should be what you bring in over the top.

I'd consider checking every other hole in the boat. I've even heard of someone's tow eye on the front being a leaky spot.
        Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Last year I didn't have this problem, but this season I've noticed standing water in the bilge, maybe and inch or so. I'm curious as to where this water is coming from as well.
          If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives.

Comment

We were out all day in our 24V on Sunday. The bilge pump never came on and there was less than an inch in the bilge.

We definitely bring water on the boat with our vests (I need to buy some new ones). Plus my 11 year old is constantly jumping from the rear sunpad, getting back on (dripping wet of course), jumping, getting back on, jumping, you get the idea...

Comment

Working...
            X