Sticky throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sticky throttle

2000 23v , Took the boat out for the first time, and it seems the throttle is sticky. It's def not smoothe . Makes loading it on the trailer pretty difficult because it's not easy going back and forth from fwd to reverse... any tips or things to adjust/check out/ lube ?

Replace both the shift and throttle cable and it will change your life.
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Throttle and steering cables are wear items. When they wear out you can try to lube them up. This is done by getting on a tall ladder or going onto a balcony and hanging the cable vertically. You pour some oil or transmission fluid into the internal workings and let gravity run its course. It’s just a bandaid fix or redneck fix over doing it right and replacing the cable. I personally think if your going through the effort to remove it from the boat you might as well replace it.

Comment

Boatwakes , where can I find part numbers for these ? As well as maybe a write up , esp for the shift cable install ?

Comment

Originally posted by cruzinZ View Post
          Throttle and steering cables are wear items. When they wear out you can try to lube them up. This is done by getting on a tall ladder or going onto a balcony and hanging the cable vertically. You pour some oil or transmission fluid into the internal workings and let gravity run its course. It’s just a bandaid fix or redneck fix over doing it right and replacing the cable. I personally think if your going through the effort to remove it from the boat you might as well replace it.
          Any idea on where to get the part numbers for those cables ? Boat is still at upholstery shop so I don't have access to it

Comment

Originally posted by Thark88 View Post

Any idea on where to get the part numbers for those cables ? Boat is still at upholstery shop so I don't have access to it
            I would call Tige up and give them the VIN number. They are very helpful.

Comment

Where does the shift cable run? How hard is it to replace ?

Comment

Working...
              X