Bent rudder ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bent rudder ?

Just took the boat out and after loading it on the trailer I'm thinking the rudder is bent. Is this something I can deal with all summer? I can not find ANYTHING online about what the direct replacement is, but I have noticed none are cheap...

Drop the rudder and see if the shaft is cracked.

Comment

How does it drive? Definitely looks bent. Can't imagine it will pull straight.

Comment

Trying not to be a **** so my comment at the end of this post is not meant with ill will. Your rudder is bent, most likely happened on the trailer when some kid with a Big Wheel collided with it while texting and driving... Easy to repair, you just have to drop the rudder from the inside of the boat. I would suggest replacing the whole unit, to include base and packing. However, you can bend it back straight using MAP gas and some elbow grease but again, I suggest replacing the whole assembly as they come as a unit from various resources. Let us know what you want to do and I'll do the write up for you. Curious why you would think anything boat related would be "cheap".
        Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Originally posted by boatwakes View Post
          Trying not to be a **** so my comment at the end of this post is not meant with ill will. Your rudder is bent, most likely happened on the trailer when some kid with a Big Wheel collided with it while texting and driving... Easy to repair, you just have to drop the rudder from the inside of the boat. I would suggest replacing the whole unit, to include base and packing. However, you can bend it back straight using MAP gas and some elbow grease but again, I suggest replacing the whole assembly as they come as a unit from various resources. Let us know what you want to do and I'll do the write up for you. Curious why you would think anything boat related would be "cheap".
          Lol, I know nothing is cheap, just some things are cheaper than others lol.
          can anybody tell me where to buy the whole assembly by chance ? I may just go ahead and knock it out now before season starts, but im not finding much online as to what assembly to purchase.

Comment

Nashville Boating Center can get it for you.

Comment

Boatwakes , a write up would be nice lol. Buying the whole assembly to replace. Dealer said it included "rudder and rudder port ".. assuming that's everything I need ?

Comment

I would ask for new mounting hardware. Old bolts could be bent.

Comment

Working...
                X