Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

01-2100v prop shaft alignment??? Any help/advise welcomed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

01-2100v prop shaft alignment??? Any help/advise welcomed!

So I had an unfortunate occurrence which a hydrophase ridesteady issue and I burned up a transmission towards the end of last season… I took my time getting it apart, rebuilt, and reinstalled up until this point… Im questioning myself here… I cannot confirm or deny how long the prop shaft seal has been there or really how much if any play there is or should be in it… it didn’t leak before… I have seen or heard before about adjusting all 4 points of the engine/tranny mounts and using feeler gauges to plumb up the Vdrive and prop shaft… I didn’t move any adjustment/ when I took everything out… when I put it back in, this is where I’m at… anyone else done this? Considerations? Techniques? I’m all ears… thanks in advance friends!
    PS ignore the antifreeze as I was winterizing and dropped some into the bilge…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View from other side…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What I would suggest from aligning my direct drive, pull the seal off the shaft log and prop up the shaft with wood or what ever you can find. Make sure that the prop shaft is in the middle of the shaft log and also make sure that the prop shaft spins freely. Usually when the prop shaft is free it will be pressing on the shaft bearings and not be as easy to spin.

Supposing that the prop shaft will come up around an 1/8" to spin freely, from my airchair quarterbacking the v-drive needs to move port side and then the engine and trans needs both come down a hair. Hard to tell exactly how far off since the camera angles are not fully aligned with the prop shaft.

Comment

Try this:

https://www.tigeowners.com/forum/tec...haft-alignment
        Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Working...
        X