Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a hull difference in 2200v and 22v?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a hull difference in 2200v and 22v?

Which rides better in rough water?
    Thanks

I think it may depend on the year of each. I want to say that that an 04 or 05 22V has more convex then an earlier 2200.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have a 22ve which should compare to a 22v. It’s not a great rough water boat. It’s a great boat, mind you, but it doesn’t like chop.

That being said, everyone I talk to pretty much agrees all wakesurf boats suck in rough water excluding the Centurions (and maybe the Supremes) due to a consistent lack of deadrise at the transom. (I’m actually curious if anyone on here has a perspective on this. I live on a big rough lake and would kill for a better rough water ride).

Plus, the 22v/ve are substantially lighter then modern surf boats, which I think makes it worse.

My 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you all. Coming over from a Sanger that did pretty well in chop. Wife factor if rides very rough.
        Thanks

Comment

There actually was a 2200v. I believe it was late 97 to early 99?? and they did not have spray pockets. Not many of them out there but they do exist. Not sure how the hull compares to the 21v that followed it in terms of freeboard. All of the earlier boats seem to have a lower bow than the later generations. You will have to define "rough water" I guess for comparison. My 2300v rides great in chop that would beat my buddies Sanger 210 to pieces. Its all relative
          Last edited by surfidaho; 09-11-2022, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by surfidaho View Post
            There actually was a 2200v. I believe it was late 97 to early 99?? and they did not have spray pockets. Not many of them out there but they do exist. Not sure how the hull compares to the 21v that followed it in terms of freeboard. All of the earlier boats seem to have a lower bow than the later generations. You will have to define "rough water" I guess for comparison. My 2300v rides great in chop that would beat my buddies Sanger 210 to pieces. Its all relative
            All of this is true. The 2200v sold from 96 to 99 model years it also had a narrow beam compared to the later V hulls. 21v was a widened version of the 2200v hull with spray pockets. The 22v was very close to the 23v hull form which was a longer version of the 21v. Then the VE models where deck and transom redesigns and the hull was similar but had the spray pockets removed.
            Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
            X