Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2002 20v weak fuel pressure even after replacing the pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2002 20v weak fuel pressure even after replacing the pump?

Hello gentlemen, I've been lurking here since I bought my boat. It's been hit and miss all summer, finally died on the water.

replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter about a month ago and thought I was in the clear, now 4 trips out later, I'm having the long start problem randomly. Seem like I can hear the pump starving for fuel... can anyone tell me theirs a low pressure pump up stream or maybe a tank vent or something I can check? unscrew the filter and no fuel comes out... starting fluid doesn't help, just a weird issue. I want to get out a few more times this year but I want to fell confident. thanks

Not insulting you but have you checked the two wires at bottom of pump and are they connected?

Comment

Originally posted by Grebva3 View Post
      Not insulting you but have you checked the two wires at bottom of pump and are they connected?
      lol yes, I can hear the pump come on when the key is turned, ended up being the original cap and rotor button full of corrosion. Weird how someone will tell you how well they keep their stuff up when you buy it, and then find things like that....but yes the boat starts right up now, going to lake test it this weekend and see if I can can a few ponies on all 8 cylinders.

Comment

Originally posted by gumby
        Do you have a merc or a marine power? Have you tested the fuel pressure to confirm it low? Merc had one fuel pump I believe marine power had 2 but couldn’t be positive for 2002. That was a Transition year. And think the 20v was MP. But it might have had one pump and needed 2 there was that for a min.
        350 mag mpi fi 315 horse.

Comment

Working...
        X