No announcement yet.

2001 21v Running rich 350 Mag MPI Ski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh...Been through this a couple times with customers and a few on here. There are options to upgrade to MEFI4 but I have a few other possibilities if thats what comes up. Keep us posted.
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Thanks TeamAllen that's actually who it was sent to they found nothing wrong with it. But at Long last I figured it out!!!!
      So it was a partial screw up on my part and the company who sent me parts. It turns out my issue was the Distro Rotor, I ordered a kit that fit my boat kit came with the gasket, Cap and Rotor the cap was correct the Rotor was not and it was for a 6 cylinder boat it all even came in the same packaging. I found it as I was going thought the ignition system again and noticed there were less pickups on the newly installed rotor. I swapped it out with old 8 cylinder Rotor and bam fired right up. I should have checked the parts instead of assuming they were correct. But to be fair I did have a few other issues such as injectors and worn out ignition components that caused the initial issues.

Gosh I feel dumb. Thanks for all the help everyone I now know this boat like the back of my hand.

shout out to
      gumby
      boatwakes

and a few others I appreciate the help.

Comment

That’s awesome man! I’ve been following, it sounded like an ignition issue to me the whole time, but without seeing it, I couldn’t think of anything that you hadn’t replaced. We’ve all done that stuff that makes us feel like an idiot after the fact, you definitely aren’t alone. I had a 75 Chevy that I put a new motor in, and it always had a miss when smashing the gas, and the guy that bought it from me found out that I put the distributor together wrong, literally a 30 second fix that I could never figure out. Knowing your boat is way more valuable than the time you spent messing with it. Good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
        X