Boat won't go forward or in reverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat won't go forward or in reverse

Out wake surfing today in a 2017 Tige RZX 2 and all of a sudden lost forward propulsion while surfing. Definitely could tell something went wrong. Would not go in forward or reverse. Propeller and shaft appear to be fine, haven't hit anything all summer. Engine will rev but propeller not turning at all. The boat only has 170 hours on it so I'm hoping the v drive isn't bad already. When I manually turn the prop under the boat the brass coupler turns as well. Where might one find the linkage on this boat? Probably don't have enough engine experience to go taking apart the v drive to look at gears etc. so hoping I might find something obvious.

V Drive is likely fine unless you heard gnarly metal on metal noises. First thing to do would be verifying you are getting power to the shift solenoids on the transmission.

Comment

This happened to me a couple years ago. Would only go in forward no reverse just revved and revved. Ended up being transmission was toast. Was $2600 all in with labor to replace. 2012 RZR 343 pcm.

Comment

Where did you find a transmission that cheap?

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X