2005 Tige 24v audible alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 Tige 24v audible alarm

I have a new to me 2005 Tige 24v. Had been out a couple brief times in June with no issues but had first heavy use this past long weekend. The boat ran fine Friday and Saturday doing a bunch of watersports but when we went out Sunday morning there was an audible beep a couple of times, same sound as when the Perfect Pass reaches set point.

There were no running issues with the boat at the time and everything looked fine with the gauges. The beep happened both when the boat was slowing down to idle and starting out, but only randomly. Happened about 4 times over 2+ hours of surfing.

I don't have a copy of the owners manual and was only able to find the 2004 version on the forum and there's no info about what the audible alarm could mean. Hoping for some help from the group here.

Thanks

I had an issue like that with my 2006 20V random beeping. Turned out to be a loose power wire. I’d start there and check all power and grounds pinky size wire and larger and see if any are loose. Hope it’s something easy

Comment

I second Grebva3. I had a wire that ran to a post behind the guages where the nut had become loose. Tightened it up and the random beeping went away.

Comment

On my '06 22Ve I occasionally get a "beep beep, pause, beep beep" alarm. Dealer said "throttle position sensor" according to the codes. No impact or issue that I've ever been able to tell other than the annoying beep. Been like that for 3 years. Mine typically happens above 15 mph.

Comment

Working...
        X