Trans slippage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trans slippage

Does anyone know other than fluid and trans link, is there any additional checks before tran rebuild? Could v drive cause slippage?
    When I engage throttle it rev’s and boat does not move then starts to move (sporadic). Even goin at idle speed it will do this occasionally. I have a 2002 tige 21v with zero issues prior 600 hrs. Is it better to pull off and get rebuilt at Walters gear drive directly?

Working on filling, fluid seems low and no visible leaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gumby
      I recommend to check the fluid Level and possibly change it. more than likely it is just the pump. not the clutches. but could be.
      Pump and pressure test is next.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril
        The V-drive is gear to gear, so I dont see it slipping. The trans is much like an automatic, and uses friction clutches and pressure from fluid.

Is the trans Walter or Borg-Warner?
        It is a Walter, I spoke to them. 1st fluids, then pressure test. We can’t see any leaks from key parts.

Comment

Originally posted by gumby
          I recommend to check the fluid Level and possibly change it. more than likely it is just the pump. not the clutches. but could be.
          It was the fluid level in trans. It was reading towards the bottom. I always thought that was the cold mark. When I spoke to velvet drive, they said don’t get hung up on cold and warm mark, just make sure it’s at full and adjust from there.

Comment

Working...
          X