Taps motor and switch 2300V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taps motor and switch 2300V

Does anyone have experience with the Bennett taps hydraulic pump motor and switch?
    Apparently my pump is burned out. About $400 for a new one but the mechanic is hesitant to put one in if there is something wrong with the wiring and it will burn out again. He’s not familiar with the wiring set up with the switch on the throttle. Maybe it’s ok to replace the motor and not worry about it? Not sure sure how long these pumps are supposed to last?

Yeah I just replaced mine. So the rocker switch on the throttle feeds a little double relay setup under the dash. I’m not exactly sure how that’s wired, but it shouldn’t be too hard to figure it out.

But anyway, there are 4 wires running to the motor. Black is ground, mine is just grounded through the engine block. From my understanding Green opens the valve, blue runs the motor forward (tab down), yellow runs it in reverse (tab up).

So you can check the boat side of the wiring at the HPU with a multimeter. Up on the rocker switch should send 12v-ish to yellow and green, nothing to blue. Down on the rocker switch should send 12v to blue and green, nothing to yellow.

Also, give Bennet a call. They should be able to walk you through more advanced trouble shooting, and give you any part numbers you need.

Comment

Very helpful. I forwarded to the shop. Hopefully relay switch/voltage are ok and it’s “just” a new pump
      Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had issues with my pump drawing huge amps and not moving the plate. The fix was to fill the reservoir with AT fluid since it was nearly empty due to a weeping plate cylinder. I also added a ground wire from the pump directly to the battery. The four-wire harness takes the ground up to the dash into a maze of wires. The system works again and I'll monitor the one cylinder that seems to leak a bit.

Comment

Great you got it working. My pump was shot. Got a new one and it’s been working great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X