Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021 RZX23 prop

Hey Tige Owners!
    I’m looking for recommendations on a replacement prop for a 21’ RZX23. The boat will be operated mostly around 5800’ or so and used primarily for surfing. It currently has a 16.5 x 16.5 on it which isn’t gonna do it loaded up in Denver or any of the mountain lakes.
    Wakemakers online tool suggests an Acme 2907 (16 x 13) for high altitude or heavily weighted.
    I also see Acme makes a 3537 that is 16.5 x 14.
    Acmes online tool is worthless as it stops at 2017 model year.
    It’s my understanding that the bigger diameter and lower pitch will improve low end grunt while maintaining lower RPMs (shooting for as close to 3000 as we can get without losing all cruise speed)
    I know this boat has the 2-1 trans and a 1 1/4” shaft and can fit a 17” diameter prop.
    Should I be looking for a 17 x 14 or 17 x 13?
    I plan on talking with Acme and maybe OJ but any real world experience with any high altitude options is much appreciated!

The high alt prop for for the 23ZX and 25ZX is the acme 2755 17x14. Seems to work well really well. I would think the 13” pitch would drive rpm too high. With a high alt prop you will be cruising in the low 20s more so at 3500.

Comment

Bsreid-I was kinda thinking the same thing. 13 pitch seems crazy low, we still want to be able to cruise in the mid twenties without blowing a full tank in the process. Any idea what rpm I’d be seeing with the 2755 loaded up at surf speed?

Comment

Jumped across so many different boats this year trying to remember what I was at. I want to say around 3300-3400 but that was a 25zx and a 460.

Comment

Thanks man. Gonna talk to Acme and see what they say. They make a 2753 as well that only differs in cup.
          The 2755 is .105 and the 2753 is .150. My understanding is that small increases in cup gives you slightly more top end.
          I had a prop tweaked locally last year for a friends Malibu by increasing cup and it worked nicely for what we wanted.

Comment

Exactly. Lower cup provides a little more bite and raises the rpm slightly. Had 0.045” taken out of one on my rzx and made a world of difference. Let us know what acme says, haven’t really put much thought into props on these new boats.

Comment

My boy ended up going with the 2755 after talking with Acme and a prop shop guy. I was voting for an OJ prop that was a 17 x 14 with .120 cup so it was in between the 2275 and 2273 but I got vetoed.
              I’ll report back on how it performs at our altitude.
              Thanks for the recommendation!

Comment

Working...
              X