Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2300V

Hi,
    Going to look at a used 2001 2300V. Probably a dumb question but I see 23V and 2300V used on this site- that’s the same model right?!
    Also anything I should be looking for that would be a deal breaker? I’ve already read enough about the crappy tower so fine with that. I’ll also get the engine checked out. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are the same hull. I believe the 23v was what they called the last version (late 2002 and 2003?) and it had wrap around seating instead of the two captains chairs. The Metcraft tower sucks as you have heard. Great boat, we love ours. Solid regular maintenance is the most important thing to look for. Post pics if you go for it.

Comment

Picked her up today. Looks to be in great condition! 290 hours. I’ll be spending a lot of time on here gathering info

Comment

Yes, 4 years ago. Boat was left out in Tahoe too long and frozen water cracked the block. Though my understanding is the same engine computer, injectors, etc was all kept. So the 290 hours is still total engine time but the block itself has less time than that. I had a mechanic plug it in and verify the hours, and if there were any issues recorded. I didn’t do a compression check once the mechanic said it probably wasn’t necessary. Hopefully he’s right.

Comment

Nice looking ride. Very clean. What's your sport of choice for it?

Comment

Surfing primarily, some wakeboarding, waterskiing and tubing- in that order. Only surfed a few times but really enjoyed it. Leaning towards getting the liquid force inline pro shaper since it seems to fit this hull. Curious how surfable it will be without ballast bags?

Comment

This hull surfs great. More weight = bigger wave. Doubt you will get much push out of a wave with no weight but with a shaper it will certainly look surfable. I have found that, to me anyway, I get a better wave with my home made gate attached to the swim deck than with a suck gate on the side of the hull. Either way hit chpthril up for ballast components. I also recommend having some lead bags for quick adjustments. You may also want to consider reinforcing the engine dividers as they will bow with the ballast bags in the lockers. At least mine did. You will also want to re-prop the boat to accommodate the ballast. I run an acme 1617.

Comment

I have the 2200v and I'm thinking about selling it. What did you pay for the 2300v?

Comment

26k. NADA estimate was 25k-29k
                  Obviously hugely dependent on hours and condition. Prices are way higher now then 2019 pre COVID. I’m sure you won’t have any problem selling

Comment

Working...
                  X