2008 Tigé 20V skiing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 Tigé 20V skiing problem

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and have never posted before.

Until last season I had a 2000 tigé 21i boat and it worked perfectly for skiing and wakeboarding.

This year I changed it for a 2008 tige 20v and we are getting to know each other.

The problem I have is that the boat starts to raise and lower the bow when I exceed 25 mph, if I slow down, it stabilizes and if I speed it up, the pitching increases.

All of the above occurs with the Taps at 1, trying to ski.

Can any of the forum experts give me advice on how to solve my problem.

Lastly, I'll tell you that I live in Chile and now it's summer here, so I have the time to do the tests that you tell me.

Is your taps plate functioning properly? Generally when the bow porpoises the tab needs to be further down. Check if it has full range of motion and the bow height changes when you adjust it.

Comment

What bsreid said. If you are getting full travel on the actuator, add a 10mm spacer between the actuator and the taps plate. That will force the plate to go down further. See if that gets you to where you want to be.
      Oh Yeah!

Comment

I agree. Sounds like the TAPS plate is not going down enough. Disconnect the actuator from the plate and make sure the hinge is not sticking. If the actuator is making full travel, you can but a 1/2" HDPE spacer block between the plate and actuator to increase its depth.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks a lot for your tips

i will try it today at the lake and go back to the forum

Comment

Working...
          X